Cover photo duplication issue via Facebook app on iPhone

franck7878

Novice Member
Hello all,

I'd like to consult you regarding an issue that I currently have on Facebook mobile app. When I try to update/change my cover photos via Facebook mobile app (iOS) a copy is being created as a cover photo without retaining likes and comments. These are previously set cover photos in cover photos album on my Facebook account.

So, I'm not doing a new upload from the device. I'm not either transferring between different albums on Facebook. I'm just trying to change a photo that is present in cover photos album on my Facebook profile. Such duplication doesn't happen when I try it via Facebook app on Android, Facebook mobile site and Facebook on PC. It only occurs via Facebook app on my iPhone. I've also tried it on several iPhones all of which have the latest version Facebook mobile app and operating systems but it keeps on duplicating.

Do you also have the same issue on your iPhones? Is this a sort of bug/glitch? What could be the reason of this? I couldn't see any posts regarding such issue on the internet either. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Why not simply update your cover photo on Android, Mobile Site or on Windows, and leave this strange behaviour in your rear view?

franck7878

Novice Member
Why not simply update your cover photo on Android, Mobile Site or on Windows, and leave this strange behaviour in your rear view?
Thanks for your reply imightbewrong.

Yes, I've actually updated my cover photo logging in my Facebook account on my PC. However I am just curious about such case which I think is a bug/glitch. I discovered it more than one week ago but still I'm not able to set a photo as a cover from cover photos album on my Facebook account via mobile app on iPhone successfully. There is always a duplicate without retaining likes and comments.

It doesn't make any sense to me to have a duplicate cover photo whenever I try to revert one of the previously used photos in cover photos album as a cover photo. I wanted to kindly ask if any other iPhone users here experience this problem.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
imightbewrong, do you also have the same issue? Have you tried it if you have an iPhone? Thanks

I don't have an iPhone - nor have I changed my cover photo for about ten years.

Plenty on here do have iPhones though.

franck7878

Novice Member
Welcome to the forums @franck7878 !
Thanks rousetafarian for your greeting.
I believe avforums is a good platform to have interaction on tech-related issues.
It will be appreciated if you have any insights about my thread.
I'd like to understand how widespread this bug is therefore I'd like to check with other iPhone users here who have Facebook app.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Thanks rousetafarian for your greeting.
I believe avforums is a good platform to have interaction on tech-related issues.
It will be appreciated if you have any insights about my thread.
I'd like to understand how widespread this bug is therefore I'd like to check with other iPhone users here who have Facebook app.

What did Facebook support say when you raised it with them?

franck7878

Novice Member
Sorry, to be honest I haven't asked yet and it takes at least a couple of days to have a reply. I kindly want to discover if anybody else is experiencing the same issue. When I check Facebook help pages and the internet overall, not coming across any single case about this issue came strange to me. It will be appreciated anyone who has an iPhone with Facebook app can check. I'm experiencing this glitch on all of my iPhones (XR & 6S).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom