Cover for an ipod...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Gary D, Jan 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    Why do you buy a cover for anything?

I assume the answer to that question is that we want to protect the item from the day to day knocks etc. However, what do you do if the cover is better than the original item its meant to be protecting? My wife bought me a cover for my iPod classic for Christmas and i have to say that is a thing of beauty.

Over the years i've bought covers for alsort of items (phones, MP3 players cameras etc) and none of them have been as good as this one. I know that its a strange thing to get excited about but the cover really is great. The fit is perfect - in fact i've had people at work ask me if my classic is a special edition because it looks so cool.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reflectipod

Gary

2. gingerninja72

gingerninja72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    This looks like just what I've been looking for. Was about to ask abot cases in another thread, but this looks just the job

Does it feel sturdy, ie do you reckon it would protect against some heavy duty in-bag punishment or even a drop?

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    it feels like its the real case - its almost seamless and feels very tactile in the hand - once you pick it up you wont want to put it down - i think it would survive a drop and the bumping around in a bag. the only problem is once you put the cover on you wont want to damage it because its so lovely. My daughters boyfriend got one for his 4gb nano and that is just as good.

Gary

4. deantown

deantown
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,266
    hello gary
    i see the cover is $25 in the us . where did you get yours , if in the uk can you tell me if its not being too nosey how much you paid . it does look bloomin good cheers

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    wife has just told me - the apple shop in Birmingham, but she wont tell me how much. About 20 quid i think.

6. gingerninja72

gingerninja72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You can get it cheaper on amazon/ebay, just do a search

7. Socrates

Socrates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Word of warning on the Griffin Reflect.

I had one, and the earphone port was to small for my Grado's. And i have heard it is to small for some other higher end headphones.
    And because of the nature of the reflect on the screen, you really need your brightness at 100% to see it properly. (basically 100% with the reflect on is equivalent to 50% with it off).
    So its a real battery drainer, and no good for watching Vids/movies etc as it gives everything a yellowish tint to it.

The Griffin iClear is a much better option, or the Belkin Remix.

D.

8. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I bought a case on Saturday looks like it is the one that is in the original post which covers the back but doesn't protect the screen. I had the itouch in my coat pocket and my mum moved my coat which was in the kitchen and the itouch fell out landed on the kitchen tile floor but the case done a good job protecting it no damage from what I can see although it landed on its back.

9. craig777

craig777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I've got a Griffin Reflect case for my Nano (the dark chrome effect version) and I've only got the brightness set to 45% and have no problem viewing the screen through it. Although if outside on a really bright sunny day, you probably would want to crank up the brightness a bit... but then how often do we get really bright sunny days? :rolleyes:

10. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i think you would need some serious headphones for it not to fit. I use Sennihesier (PX200's) and its fine with loads of room to left for a bigger plug.

I don't notice a tint at all on the screen, but i don't watch much on it anyway. If i'm on the move i use my laptop to watch movies/TV - i use my ipod for music. You do have to turn the brightness up on it though.

I had a Belkin Remix Metal (the black one) but its nowhere near as good a fit as the griffin.

Gary

11. Socrates

Socrates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I use Grado SR60's and they dont fit, which seems to be a prob with all those style of cases. Thought about getting some Shure IEM's, but just cant part with the Grados:). As for the tint, it is there. You only have to watch Futurama on it to see its there.
    Its a great looking case, just more looks than practicality.

As for the Belkin, did you definitely use the right size back (not to be patronising), because the fit should be as tight if not tighter than the Griffin.
    The Belkin always comes out top in reviews.

And get some px100's, they are the same price, same size, pretty much same looking (apart from the earpieces) as the 200's, but leaps and bounds ahead of them in sound quality.

12. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    Yeah i did use the right back (the one for the 80gb) it just didn't feel as good, it had a few rough edges that the griffin didn't. I agree with you that is more pose value than practicality - because it does look very very cool. But saying that in use i would say its impractical. The belkin has the "click wheel protector" that feels very cheap and "bubbly" when you use it.

Gary

13. mvf4

mvf4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384