• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cover Flow Help in Media Center

onlymeagain

Established Member
Can someone please help me with setting up my cover flow in media center?
I am running Windows 7, build 7100. I have configured the vanilla theme and activated cover flow and back drop. All I get when I go to movies, are thumbnails and nothing else :mad:
Am I missing something obvious here:lease: I have searched through the threads here, but I cannot find anything that seems to help.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

m4rky

Established Member
Are you talking about Media Center or Media Browser??

Cafe Racer

Established Member
You might be confused, or we might be. Natively, 7MC doesn't do "cover flow" and there's nothing in it called the Vanilla theme.

There is a Vanilla theme in Media Browser, though, which is an installable plugin for VMC and 7MC that has a cover flow style theme...

Have you downloaded and installed Media Browser?

Have you seen a picture somewhere that's made you think "I want THAT"? If so, stick a link up.

onlymeagain

Established Member
Cafe Racer

Sorry about the confusion.

I have installed the plugin for 7MC and I have configured the vanilla theme and activated cover flow and back drop. All I get when I go to movies, are thumbnails and nothing else :mad:

Hope that this helps a bit more.

djcla

Distinguished Member
have you organised your files corerctly file structure wise and naming convention for it to collect the data?

onlymeagain

Established Member
djcla

I think so. I have all my movies in individual folders, each containing the movie, a jpeg file and a dvdid.xml file. Does this seem correct? Maybe if not, could you show me how they should be?

Thanks for the help, I think that I am missing something obvious :confused:

djcla

Distinguished Member
i am not sure if i am getting your problem, you set the view to cover flow and thats it isnt it or are you doing that and not geting covers displayed?

onlymeagain

Established Member
I have the view set for cover flow, but all I get is a thumbnail showing. I will post an image tomorrow from my other PC to try and show the problem.
Thanks for all your help.

djcla

Distinguished Member
have you tried using media centre master to name all your files correctly etc.? I am new to this i would wait for someone a bit more experienced to help you or try the media browser forums

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom