Court of Oryx

buskerstu

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet?

I stumbled into one yesterday where a load of guardians were taking someone down and I got a bounty quest for helping out.

Having a look around online & apparently you can have up to 9 guardians having a pop at any time, but only the person dropping the rune gets decent gear.

Might be a laugh if we can get 9 people into the same dreadnought patrol to have a crack.

I'll be up for this, although I'm way behind the curve at the moment... need some quality time to level up!

I stumbled across it and ended up playing about 10+ games. It is quite chaotic with randoms as sometimes shooting the bad guy is not what is required!

Success at most of them except the really high level stuff. I had enemies marked as level ?????? on those.

However, it was not fruitful time. I got nothing nearly every time, which surprised me as I am sure in the reveals they said everyone gets a reward and the initiator gets the best. A bounty one time and a couple of really rubbish green guns that would not have been use to a level 34.

Some of the guys I was playing with seemed to be farming it. They were there when I arrived and there when I left. They had 300 gear.

I stumbled across it and ended up playing about 10+ games. It is quite chaotic with randoms as sometimes shooting the bad guy is not what is required!

Success at most of them except the really high level stuff. I had enemies marked as level ?????? on those.

However, it was not fruitful time. I got nothing nearly every time, which surprised me as I am sure in the reveals they said everyone gets a reward and the initiator gets the best. A bounty one time and a couple of really rubbish green guns that would not have been use to a level 34.

Some of the guys I was playing with seemed to be farming it. They were there when I arrived and there when I left. They had 300 gear.
The Tier 3 part of it is 300 light enemies and where the best drops are....What I have read as I ain't tried it yet

I've done it six times three times I presented the rune the other three by the random.

Only did level 1 of it and I got two to three engrams each time I presented the rune, unfortunately nothing above the light level I already had.

Spent a good hour here today farming, didn't land anything good but only had the standard tune to use. Anyone know where to find the higher level ones apart from Eris?

I was there when a tier three got activated. It had recommended light 300 and even with six people it was an annihilation.

May be different with a group on comms.

I find Court one of the best places for farming engrams and random weapon drops too. got a 297 pulse which was promptly infused into my Jade Rabbit. :)

Def worth persevering as once you complete the eris quest (6 tier one, 3 tier 2 and 1 tier 3) she gives you a 300 defence artifact.

Just don't kick off a tier 3 unless you have at least 6 players around! Play a couple lower levels with the randoms first and check they are all decent light levels or it's damn tough.

Played some of this last night after raiding and was good fun. Finished the Eris quest and got a 300 artifact which was nice.

Did get frustrating though when the group I tagged onto left though. Occasionally the odd random would come along and Id pop a rune and they join in once and then leave. Cant help thinking that it would be busier if it was nearer to where you spawn in. Need one more tier 2 fight to charge my tier 3 rune.

Got lots of engrams from doing it for about 1/2 hour so good for levelling.

I'd be up for getting a group together to have a session on it (theres a way you can get 6 into patrol now - [SGA] How to get your 6 man team in the Court of Oryx without randoms • /r/DestinyTheGame).

I only done it for the first time on Saturday because I never knew where it was before. Got the eris quest and went yesterday to try to get it done but there was nobody there. I had to go to orbit and back 8 times before I found othets playing it. Got the quest finished and got the 300 defence artifact plus the trophy for doing the quest. I haven't really had any decent drops for days though

been a few times and it only gets to tier 2 and nobody seems to have the antiquated rune which I need to complete the quest or at least get tier 3 to start:(

been a few times and it only gets to tier 2 and nobody seems to have the antiquated rune which I need to complete the quest or at least get tier 3 to start:(
I need to do one more tier 2 and I have an antiquated rune for tier 3. Let me know when is good for you and we'll grab another bod and head over there.

I need to do one more tier 2 and I have an antiquated rune for tier 3. Let me know when is good for you and we'll grab another bod and head over there.
Well I'll be on from 5:30 tonight if you want to get it done early if we have another bod. I'll be on my Hunter @ 296 light (I have all the other runes)

Well I'll be on from 5:30 tonight if you want to get it done early if we have another bod. I'll be on my Hunter @ 296 light (I have all the other runes)
Won't be on till 6.30pm but am happy to go for it then?

Did this yesterday with two randoms, didn't have a clue what I was doing tbh, but I didn't get anything from the chest apart from the token things which I used once or twice, yet one guy seemed to be getting purple drops all the time, once the chest is open am I supposed to do something else?

Did this yesterday with two randoms, didn't have a clue what I was doing tbh, but I didn't get anything from the chest apart from the token things which I used once or twice, yet one guy seemed to be getting purple drops all the time, once the chest is open am I supposed to do something else?
Think it's the person who uses the runes who gets the lions share...think more than one can use them but not 100% sure

I've found this very hit-and-miss. Lots of the time I go there on patrol and no one else is about. Really frustrating. Still need to get a L3 done for the quest too.

I've found this very hit-and-miss. Lots of the time I go there on patrol and no one else is about. Really frustrating. Still need to get a L3 done for the quest too.
Apparently mate there is a way of getting 6 of you down there. We could all get together and session it sometime, but I never seem to get any runes.

I got the Eris quest done almost entirely on the generousity of others, think I contributed one tier 1 rune!

Apparently mate there is a way of getting 6 of you down there. We could all get together and session it sometime, but I never seem to get any runes.

I got the Eris quest done almost entirely on the generousity of others, think I contributed one tier 1 rune!
You can buy them from Eris at rank 5.

Yeah not hit 5 yet though. Only character I bothered to rank up with Doris was the hunter but am playing Titan so far in this expansion.

Yeah, once I could exchange shards/energies and they patched the double bounties thing I didn't bother. More fool me.

Was at 3 and a bit still just from doing the 3 motes of light bounty each week so nearly at 5 now. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom