Couriers ya gotta love em

wiz

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sitting in traffic in my local high street. Guy holding a big parcel comes away from a front door goes round to the side gate and 'gently' drops parcel over the fence. Hope the contents survived.

If I buy from the AVForums classified I be demanding over the top packaging

Some proper idiots around. I've had a few parcels launched over my garden fence, one landed nicely in a puddle in heavy rain. Usually the idiots for Yodel.

This was Ipost. The whole queue of traffic would have seen him

Been a postie for 5 years and ive been speechless a few times at customers request at what they want me to do with packets they get.

I had one guy ask me 'to launch parcels over his 8 ft iron gates', then asked me a week later why I'm not doing it!!

Last edited:
Thankfully there is nowhere here that they can do that , most of the big players are close as well so picking up from the depot is no hardship ...

We had a customer call and complain to us. He had bought a small boat outboard engine, new and boxed. We drain them of oil so it doesn't matter if they get turned up the wrong way.

However, the courier had pushed the box up to the customer's front door on his trolley, upside down. With the "This Way Up" arrow, clearly up the wrong way! The customer wasn't happy and complained to the delivery driver, his response:

"Do you really think this is the first time it's been upside down?!"

Haha!

Been a postie for 5 years and ive been speechless a few times at customers request at what they want me to do with packets they get.

I had one guy ask me 'to launch parcels over his 8 ft iron gates', then asked me a week later why I'm not doing it!!

Me too, nearly 9 years for me. it's like don't worry about me losing my job and that. One of the most common for me is, just stick all my parcels in the green wheelie bin. My answer, what happens on green bin day. Oh yeh. :facepalm:. The amount of rival courier stuff I find just abandoned on people's steps is unreal.

I deliver to some blocks of flats with all the letterboxes in the communal hallway. I've seen allsorts left by couriers in the hallways, including a large bike box that could have had a couple of grands worth of bike inside.

I also regularly see the attempted delivery cards just on the floor or blowing about outside, as the courier hasn't been able to get in and just stuck the card in the crack in the door frame. If only they'd tried the 'trades' button that would have let them straight in....

'Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility'
That's what my Amazon order tracking now says. I'm guessing the driver couldn't be bothered and just took it back?
Same thing happened last time too :mad:

I used to work as a delivery driver. One idiot left a 30"+ tv round the back of a house. Claim came in obviously!!
I remember once I had a parcel which was about 8ft in length. However it did fit through the letter box. So I did!! Customer called and I had managed to jam the door as it fell between the door and the staircases haha!!

'Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility'
That's what my Amazon order tracking now says. I'm guessing the driver couldn't be bothered and just took it back?
Same thing happened last time too :mad:
He's probably a member on here and read the horrid things you said about him before Christmas (if that's when it was) :thumbsup:

A good point - when posting remember anyone can see what you write.

He's probably a member on here and read the horrid things you said about him before Christmas (if that's when it was) :thumbsup:
No it was a different driver this time. Still just as bad as the last one though.
Said he couldn't find my address the previous evening, then said his little tablet thing 'pings' when they arrive at the destination.
When I asked if it pinged the previous night, he said yes but it was dark! :confused:

I'm sure they have awards ceremonies every year the top prize goes to how far can I lob your parcel with sub categories depending on size and weight:confused::D:D

Programme on mainstream telly last night about Yodel.
Hidden camera videos of their drivers lobbing stuff around with alacrity, even fragile stuff.
Yodel didn't seem overly apologetic, just saying their damage figures were "within industry standards"

Edit, it was CH4 dispatches and it was called "where's my missing mail"
If you fancy watching it on 4OD.
They filmed a Yodel employee saying he doesn't order online since working there!

Programme on mainstream telly last night about Yodel.
Hidden camera videos of their drivers lobbing stuff around with alacrity, even fragile stuff.
Yodel didn't seem overly apologetic, just saying their damage figures were "within industry standards"

Edit, it was CH4 dispatches and it was called "where's my missing mail"
If you fancy watching it on 4OD.
They filmed a Yodel employee saying he doesn't order online since working there!

Yeah I watched that too, quite an eye opener and some of the things they were doing were awful. Then the delivery person who got paid 60p per parcel!! No fuel or Sat nav or anything else. Begs the question why someone would do it? Surely you're paying out more than you're making.

We were expecting a large delivery from Next today and when only one small parcel turned up my missus was straight on the phone to them telling about the programme we watched and how she knows that their couriers lob things about and lose things lol! I just sat there smiling listening to her give the poor cs rep both barrels!

Did she ring Next or Yodel?

That's a relief, if a bit annoying.

I was in a local 'One stop' the other day which has a pick up/return parcel service. The driver was throwing them about, when I said ' I hope there are no fragile ones there' he just chucked them into a massive bag and dragged them outside to his van.
If this is how they treat the parcels in front of the general public, I dread to think what it's like behind closed doors.
( scrap that I know how they treat them they just chuck them about :laugh:)

It's no surprise though. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys.
People can't expect a decent service when they get free delivery or very cheap delivery.

I don't expect it to be delivered by a Rolls Royce.But just because they don't pay the drivers bundles it doesn't mean they have to throw the parcels about like they don't give a shit.
If they are unhappy with the job, do something else.

when I said ' I hope there are no fragile ones there' he just chucked them into a massive bag and dragged them outside to his van.
:rotfl:

My wife is in a situation. Purchased some items from a clothing company called Warehouse. They've despatched the products via Yodel. She got delivery confirmation that the items have been delivered and signed for by "Clark"!!! News to us seeing as we haven't signed or received the items.

Warehouse are one of those stupid companies where the only CS is via email so we are stumped because they won't supply us with POD and there doesn't appear to be anyway to chase this up or escalate the situation. Any ideas??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom