Courier - Non-Delivery - Advice?

nheather

Distinguished Member
Last Tuesday I had a number of 3 parcels delivered, all of which were left on the doorstep.

Two required signatures, one from Amazon (Home Delivery Network) and one from XXX (DPD).

Trouble is there were two parcels expected from XXX but I only received one.

I left it an extra two days and then enquired and was told that DPD claim that both parcels were delivered.

The driver has self-signed both consignments and described a unique feature of my house as proof he was there.

There is no doubt that the driver was at my house because I got one of the two parcels.

But now I'm stuck with XXX asking DPD about the package before they will issue a refund. The latest is that DPD will ask the driver today.

Now I'm pretty sure, the driver will say "fair cop, I stole it". XXX view is that it was delivered but stolen off my door step - I find this ridiculous though because there would have been at least 2 paracle, maybe 4 on my doorstep - why just take 1.

Ultimately, I expect my money will be refund after a delay, because the DPD failed to get a signature. But I feel grubby, because I'm sure that XXX and DPD will think that I stole it.

Anyone had similar experience?

Cheers,

Nigel

ROBIN50N

id be asking them why the drivers signing for your parcles mate.

nheather

Distinguished Member
id be asking them why the drivers signing for your parcles mate.
Yes that question has been asked and XXX are pretty furious about it.

But XXX have already said to me, that because DPD haven't followed correct process the parcel has probably been stolen from my doorstep - to me that sounds like they are siding with DPD that it was delivered, albeit incorrectly.

I'm confident that I will get my money back, just slightly uncomfortable that XXX and DPD will think that I stole it.

Cheers,

Nigel

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
They sound just about as useless as Federal Express!

I'm all for posties signing for parcels that fit through the door exetra, but van drivers signing for big packages and leaving them on the doorstop?

How can they assume everyone on the street is not a serial robber? :D

Generally from my experience, company sending your item will deal direct with their relevent courier company to cover cost of goods, and send you a replacement item.

Driver clearly hasnt followed his companys procedures and will possibly have to pay for good from his wages:suicide:.

at the end of the day driver probably thought:

A) he was doing you a favour

B) has to do so many deliveries a day due to the rate he gets paid per drop that he has to take short cuts to make it worth his while

nheather

Distinguished Member
at the end of the day driver probably thought:

A) he was doing you a favour
I agree in most cases but in this case I'm 99% certain that the parcel was not left and stolen.

There is a further complication which I have described because it gets a little confusing.

The two packages were both DDR3 RAM.

I ordered the first one but then changed my mind and decided to go for something better. There is no online 'cancel order' so I contacted XXX well before they had even picked the RAM 1 to request the cancellation.

They took so long, that I got a message that it had already been shipped but that they had told DPD not to deliver. Trusting them I ordered RAM 2.

I subsequently got a confirmation eMail from XXX that they had requested a stop of delivery of RAM 1.

So when RAM 2 arrived on it's own, that was exactly what I was expecting.

However, I now find out that XXX and DPD are saying that RAM 1 was despatched and delivered aswell.

It's all very suspicious and personally, I think that the delivery was stopped and the driver either took it back with him or didn't have it in the first place and thought both consignments were in the same box.

XXX are being very vocal about DPD not getting asignature but very quite about their confirmation that they stopped the consignment.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom