1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of speaker questions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by clarkyb, Sep 30, 2005.

1. clarkyb

clarkyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I am currently building a log cabin type building in my garden, and it is going to be the home cinema room :D

it will have a:
    mitsubishi xl-5u projector (possible upgrade for future)
    Yamaha NS-P110 5.1 setup,
    Yamaha RX-V640RDS
    Sony DVD Recorder RDR GX500
    Sony SKY Digibox
    and a 5ft saphire screen

i am looking to purchase the following speakers for music listening and possibly to be the front speakers in my 7.1 speaker setup???
    1. Mission 733i speakers
    2. Bose 501 series 5 speakers
    3. Whalfdale Diamon 7.3 floorstanding

My other questions are: what will the quality of music that i play through the dvd recorder (shall i get a separate cd player??), what benefits are there in 7.1 setups and will having 2 large floorstanding speakers at the front and the other 5 speakers being small wall mounted speakers be a problem??

many thanks :thumbsup:

2. clarkyb

clarkyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    ok change of plan, my local sevenoaks is flogging their mirage nanosats-reduced from £600 to £250, has anyone heard these- i will audition them this weekend.

Then i will probably buy whalfdale diamonds 9.1's for music listening and possible the front speakers in a 7.1 setup?? Another possibility is to scrap the mirage and get a Whalfdale centre and get either the Tannoy Fusion R rear speakers or Mission M3DS rear speakers.

Also getting a Denon 1720 dvd player to go with the PJ :)

BTW the room (which is not built yet) will be approximately 7ft high, 12ft long and 8ft wide (have not measured it up properly yet) what dimensions are most of your home cinema rooms?