Couple of Sky+ Questions

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by barryp, Dec 20, 2001.

1. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of subscribing to Sky+ (I am on Sky Digital now) but I had a couple of things I wanted to check first:

1. I know you can keep your old Sky Digibox, but do they give you two subscription cards so you can keep the Digibox and Sky+ boxes running at the same time, or does it become an expensive doorstop unless you take out a separate subscription?

2. If the program you record is widescreen, does the playback auto switch the TV into widescreen when you play it back?

Any thoughts?

Barry

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Yopu can get a FTV smartcard for your second box from the BBC, give them your details and the card is sent free of charge.

I haven't got a w/s telly but as far as I know whatever flags/signals were in the original program are recorded by SKY+.

3. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I will give it a go, pity the install dates are so long, it would of been nice to get it done before the end of the holiday period, but C'est la Vie

Barry

4. NicolaUK

NicolaUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it does auto switch on playback too :)

Have you asked how quickly they can install if you buy the box first? My install went from 6 weeks to 4 days that way ;)

5. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what you mean by "buy the box"?

I paid my GBP350 yesterday when i ordered it (they didn't give me an option, even though the delivery isn't for 3 weeks).

Where do you buy the box from apart from Sky themselves, I thought all the shops all ultimately end up with Sky?

Barry

6. NicolaUK

NicolaUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for confusing you!

You can buy the box and install from Sky or buy the box on the high st and just arrange the install with Sky.

I managed to buy the box in Currys and get the install the same week, it still costs the same.

They did say on the phone that there was a shortage of boxes and it is always quicker to buy the box and just get them to install.

HTH :)

7. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, I had not really noticed any Sky+ boxes in the shops.

Unfortunately it's a done deal with Sky now, I will just have to be patient :rolleyes:

Barry

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About the auto screen aspect switching.
    Remember it only works if your using a scart! S-Video doesnt carry the signal wire.
    Graham

9. barryp

barryp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Graham,

Cheers for that, I had not really thought about that, but I will make sure I get the SCART plug used when the guy comes (the current Digibox is wired with a SCART so hopefully he will do this time).

Regards

Barry