Couple of questions

fatfingers73

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is the Nintendo USB dongle the only way to get my DS online, if I want to stay with WPA?

Also my daughter lives quite far from me, and it's costing me a fortune in mobile top-up cards. Is there any way for us to communicate via the web with our DS's (preferably chat).

Many thanks. :thumbsup:

Hello,

Is the Nintendo USB dongle the only way to get my DS online, if I want to stay with WPA?

Also my daughter lives quite far from me, and it's costing me a fortune in mobile top-up cards. Is there any way for us to communicate via the web with our DS's (preferably chat).

Many thanks. :thumbsup:
I gave up trying to keep wpa, and decided to go for a wep encryption and allow only certain mac addresses. I know it's not the most secure way to go, but I'm pretty certain that the neighbours aren't too good at ict to be able to hack into it...

As for calling, if you're on BT, then for £1 a month, you can get 3p/minute calls to us (iirc)... Maybe that'd be cheaper for calling?

I gave up trying to keep wpa, and decided to go for a wep encryption and allow only certain mac addresses. I know it's not the most secure way to go, but I'm pretty certain that the neighbours aren't too good at ict to be able to hack into it...

I did try wep, the wii and ps3 was ok but the 360 wasn't happy. So the dongle is the only way forward if I insist on WPA? Anyone know where I can get it cheap (under £20)?

Thanks for your help.

Rob.

If you both get a copy of Metroid Prime : Hunters for the DS, and go to play an online game against each other after registering your friend codes on each DS, the pre-match lobby has voicechat using the DS built in microphone. Sound quality isn't as good as a telephone by any means, but it's workable and once you've bought the games (can be found for around £15 now I think), it's free thereafter. Just don't start the matches (or do, because it's an excellent game :))

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom