1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of questions on Panasonic pj...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TPK, Mar 15, 2002.

1. TPK

TPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

First of all, sorry about my bad english.

I´ve read these forums for a while and im very interested about PT-ae100. When watching r2 movies there have to do some scaling, am i right? The resolution aint enough for pal material?

To get best possible picture from pj, you need htpc? I have ordered Nintaus 9769 which have prog. output in component and vga. Has anyone tried to Skyworth or nintaus with pt-ae100, and what results? And how much ntsc picture differs pal?

Regards

Toni

2. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Hi TPK. Your English is just fine! There will indeed be some downscaling required with PAL material. Generally, the best way to do this without spending £££ is with a HCPC, as the scaler on the Panasonic produces somewhat variable results depending on the source input. You can still achieve excellent results (for the price) by using a standalone DVD player via component, but a quick warning....don't hook up a HCPC unless you intend to keep it!

I'm not familiar with the Nintaus, but if you can feed the Panny from the VGA output on that deck, it could be worth a try. I'm sure others here can provide more info though.

3. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Toni,
    you've asked exactly the question I was wondering.

laura.