Couple of questions on LG OLED TV

beerglass007

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have a 55" OLED55B7V and thinking about upgrading to a 65"

First question. what is closest people can sit to a 65" I remember buying a 55" and worrying about the size, but it feels perfectly normal now. I wonder if i'll get used to a 65"

Second question. Whats the difference between the OLED65C8PLA and the OLED65B8S. There is a difference in cost, I see the C8 is better in the video processing area/upscaling. But is the B8 the same as the B7 which i have, so i'm just getting a bigger screen or should I get the C8 which is bigger screen and better video processing which is required because of the larger screen

Many Thanks

#1: you would have a problem with 65" only if you sit 1m from it, all else is fine, don't worry about it.

#2: if the C8 price is not much more than B8, get the C8 of course. Sometimes C8 is cheaper than B8...

Edit: I don't know how soon you need the replacement, but you can wait for the new B9/C9 to drop down in price, probably in summertime, so you get HDMI 2.1 for futureproofing so to say...

Last edited by a moderator:
#1: you would have a problem with 65" only if you sit 1m from it, all else is fine, don't worry about it.

#2: if the C8 price is not much more than B8, get the C8 of course. Sometimes C8 is cheaper than B8...

Edit: I don't know how soon you need the replacement, but you can wait for the new B9/C9 to drop down in price, probably in summertime, so you get HDMI 2.1 for futureproofing so to say...

Do you think HDMI 2.1 is worth it. So we can game 120FPS but the panel is only 100 on the C9 I think

Not sure what else the HDMI 2.1 does

Do you think HDMI 2.1 is worth it. So we can game 120FPS but the panel is only 100 on the C9 I think

Not sure what else the HDMI 2.1 does
Is is 100/120Hz depending where you are, but still the same thing.

Basically more bandwidth in new 2.1 version, so you get eARC HDMI connection that, for example, sends lossless data to the external device like a soundbar or a receiver. New TVs also support variable refresh rate (VRR), Apple TV etc.

Overall, you might not care about all that at all and go for the C8, depends when you need the replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom