1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of questions about the Loewe Xelos 5270 ZW

Discussion in 'TVs' started by BigLandman, Feb 21, 2002.

1. BigLandman

BigLandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

does the Loewe Xelos 5270 ZW have RGB? I ask because the Loewe web site states that it doesn't, however I suspect it must be a typo or something.

Also, how are Loewes at handling 100Hz? I'm not affected by 50Hz flicker so I'd rather avoid the smudging and blurriness associated with 100Hz. However, the fact that every model on empire direct is 100Hz suggests to me that maybe Loewe have got it right. Have they?

Thanks

PS - How do you pronounce Loewe?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    BigLandman, Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd, sorry thats showing my age....
    It's Loo-Vay, on the authority of Dr. Rinske.

3. simbloke

simbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my new Xelos 5270 yesterday and can tell you that it has two SCART's, one of which supports RGB.

Previously I had been worried about 100Hz effects having seen some other sets but I'm happy to say I've seen no such thing on this set. I've looked at stuff with fast horizontally scrolling titles and the football last night and have yet to spot anything wrong:)

One thing's for sure, it looks nothing like a 100Hz Sony.

I believe it's pronounced like 'lerver' (German for lion)

4. priesh

priesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    simbloke is right i think it is pronounced 'lerver' (i.e. lurve - er) as it is german for lion (although not spelt exactly the same) as he says.

Priesh

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    You too are both right, I went into a Loewe dealer the other day and the guy insisted on saying lurver as I insisted on keep saying Loewe just for affect - got to get your jollies somewhere:devil:
    And the Xelos looked fine in shop.

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Siegmund Loewe, David Ludwig Loewe with partner, Manfred Baron von Ardenne, ... Loewe.
    However it is pronounced, happy viewing.

7. BigLandman

BigLandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm *almost* 100% certain that this is the TV for me.

Just another couple of questions though; does the xelos 5270 have any options that allow you to adjust the digital picture processing?

also, can anyone comment on the NTSC playback? i'm curious about this, as some tellys that i've seen (namely my brother's JVC) display a strange pattern, consisting of small vertical lines across the screen, when playing NTSC DVDs in animorphic mode.

Thanks again, and, when I eventually get my widescreen, I hope I can contribute to the board.

8. simbloke

simbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I can see there's only an option to turn of the noise reduction function.

I'm very happy with mine though. The only evidence of 100Hz processing I've been able to detect is a slight blurring on very fast horizontally scrolling credits. The picture looks remarkably un-processed.

Haven't tried any region 1 dvd's yet.