• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Couple of MoJo qustions to those in the know...

merlincoops

Established Member
Right then, before my itchy fingers order this thing, a couple of things I hope you good folk can help with.
1) Can I use it with a Windows phone (big mistake but 6 months of contract left!)
2) What connection do I need from older style ipad.
3) Will it perform well into a hifi amp (when I get a new system)
4) Is it better than the underwhelming meridian explorer 2 I had?
Thanks in advance for any help, I think it looks amazing and hope that it will be a good match for my 325es.

moppit

Established Member
Just had a Mojo on home demo from the helpful chaps at my local audio T - fab piece of kit and very flexible. You can set line level out mode so that it feeds direct into a normal HiFi amp. I tried it from my pioneer N50 coax and optical outputs. You do however need a headphone jack plug to rca to connect to the input on your amp. In the end I went for the 2cute which is basically the Hugo without headphone amp. I don't plan on carrying it around anywhere. 2qute better SQ as you would expect given the price difference. Dunno about connections for your ipad or phone as I did not try. Try the massive thread on the head-fi forum about the Mojo. Alternatively I asked the same question on Pink fish media. Will walk all over the meridian...

sounddog

Prominent Member
1. Afaik you can't connect a Windows phone to a USB DAC (I may be wrong I don't have one).
2. To connect your iPad you should just need a Camera Connection Kit (CCK).
3. It should do yes, you need a 3.5mm to RCA cable for your amp and then you out the Mojo into fixed output mode.
4. Never compared them...

PierUk

Established Member
The iPad needs to have a lightning connector and the CCK is needed, Chord specifies that iOS devices with a 30 pin connector won't work.

merlincoops

Established Member
Thanks for the replies - looks like this is dead in the water then. No windows phone or older ipad connection! Just saved me 400 quid, cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom