• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Couple of family portraits (Pentax k5)

db2332

8689775197_f86f594e08_o.jpg

8690894820_b3b04ae795_o.jpg

8689792627_56769d07a7_o.jpg

First two 50 mm1.7 manual and the second, kit lens shooting backwards and hoping , as I was also holding on to my nephew and hes a wriggly worm.

shotokan101

Banned
Nice set :)

CFC1

Distinguished Member
It's when the images tonal range look flat, low contrast, to many flat greys, slightly underexposed subject.

Agreed. I also find the brightness of the wrist in number 1 and the sheet music on the piano in number 2 somewhat distracting. I do like the composition of number 1 though. :smashin:

AMc

Distinguished Member
#3 is great.

#2 looks like you/the camera has exposed for the sheet music behind the subject which has flattened out the person.
On my Pentax K100D I find it has a tendency to under expose - if you took the shot again I might push the EV up a little.

db2332

Thanks for the input. (the sheet music is actually a PC screen). I am finding the 1.7 does need a little adjustment by way of exposure but dont really like to keep checking a histogram just to ensure exposure, much prefer to compose and shoot. Not very technical I agree, but hey !

AMc

Distinguished Member
Obvious now you say it! I have the histogram enabled so it shows on the captured image straight after shooting. I sometimes glance at it and take second shot with a change in EV. I don't have the option to show a histogram before shooting as the K100D has no live view on the back screen :)

db2332

Obvious now you say it! I have the histogram enabled so it shows on the captured image straight after shooting. I sometimes glance at it and take second shot with a change in EV. I don't have the option to show a histogram before shooting as the K100D has no live view on the back screen :)

Do we like the shot or the histogram, get the shot, stuff the histogram. Just an opinion!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom