Couple of family portraits (Pentax k5)

db2332

Established Member
Reaction score
8689775197_f86f594e08_o.jpg

8690894820_b3b04ae795_o.jpg

8689792627_56769d07a7_o.jpg

First two 50 mm1.7 manual and the second, kit lens shooting backwards and hoping , as I was also holding on to my nephew and hes a wriggly worm.

Nice set :)

Little flat for me tonally, but overall a nice set. Esp 1.

It's when the images tonal range look flat, low contrast, to many flat greys, slightly underexposed subject.

Agreed. I also find the brightness of the wrist in number 1 and the sheet music on the piano in number 2 somewhat distracting. I do like the composition of number 1 though. :smashin:

#3 is great.

#2 looks like you/the camera has exposed for the sheet music behind the subject which has flattened out the person.
On my Pentax K100D I find it has a tendency to under expose - if you took the shot again I might push the EV up a little.

Thanks for the input. (the sheet music is actually a PC screen). I am finding the 1.7 does need a little adjustment by way of exposure but dont really like to keep checking a histogram just to ensure exposure, much prefer to compose and shoot. Not very technical I agree, but hey !

Obvious now you say it! I have the histogram enabled so it shows on the captured image straight after shooting. I sometimes glance at it and take second shot with a change in EV. I don't have the option to show a histogram before shooting as the K100D has no live view on the back screen :)

Obvious now you say it! I have the histogram enabled so it shows on the captured image straight after shooting. I sometimes glance at it and take second shot with a change in EV. I don't have the option to show a histogram before shooting as the K100D has no live view on the back screen :)

Do we like the shot or the histogram, get the shot, stuff the histogram. Just an opinion!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom