Couple of Decisions To Make

Dave

Distinguished Member
So, after upgrading to the A700 I now have a couple of decisions to make if anyone fancies chucking their opinion in to the mix.

Firstly, what to do with my a100 body. It's done about 10k actuations, the rubber has started to come off the grip a bit (very common fault apparently) but apart from that it's perfect. I doubt very much I'll use it again so there doesn't seem much point keeping it but I only have 1 charger so I'd have to buy one to sell with the a100.

Not to mention the fact that not many people will want a body only a100. So.......do I keep it or bite the bullet and sell up and if so what can I expect for a used a100?

Secondly, what format to shoot in? I used to use the best quality Jpeg and RAW setting but whenever I use a shot to print or edit I always use the raw. The jpeg's are used solely to quickly review them on my PC so I've now changed to the lowest setting jpeg and craw to save space. Is this sensible or am I losing out on things like DRO? What file types do you use?

YorkieBen

Well from the point of view of DRO is applied to jpegs, but the information is all there is the RAW file - processing of the raw you can get the same effect but with more control - e.g. tweaking curves in photoshop, altering contrast, using levels, merging multiple exposures from the same raw exposure.

I nearly always use RAW. I only use jpeg for black and white because I like the A700's default b&w jpegs, especially at higher ISOs, the grain is really nice imo

senu

Distinguished Member
Hi Dave; Happy New Year:D

Just shoot RAW
and
keep the A100.. you never know when it will come in handy

Although not worth much in money now, it is still as capable as the day you bought it and will still put many a P and S to shame even now
HTH:smashin:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Hi Dave; Happy New Year:D

Just shoot RAW
and
keep the A100.. you never know when it will come in handy

Although not worth much in money now, it is still as capable as the day you bought it and will still put many a P and S to shame even now
HTH:smashin:
+1

You never know when you'll need a backup.

Jim

anthony566

Novice Member
Dave for what you would get for theA100 Body I would keep it as abackup for A700 serviceing etc, I only ever shoot in RAW/cRAW if i want quick un-processed jpegs i just do a batch conversion in Photoshop Elements it takes no time at all.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Dave

Distinguished Member
Thanks all, the a100 gets to keep a well deserved place in my collection then and I'll keep shooting in cRAW.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom