1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of 435xde questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Joe Pineapples, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    Just helped my brother set up his pioneer 435xde, and pretty much got everything sorted. A couple of things have cropped up though, if any other xde owners can help us with.

1 The vcr is connected to input 2 (scart) on the media box, and the other scart from the vcr to the sky digibox. we can record off sky no problem, by selecting 'L2' on the vcr (corrosponding to its rear scart connection), but not sure how to record off the digital tuner in the media box. Flicked hrough all the av inputs/outputs on the vcr, but nothing comes through. A thought has occured while i'm typing this, that only one of the vcr scart sockets is niput/output and the other is just output - as a video tape plays through the meida box no problem.

2. Is there a button on the remote to remove the dreaded red dot, when watching through the digital tuner?.

cheers

joe

2. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Surely the RED DOT means No channel?!

3. dave0523

dave0523
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Red dot on Sky? In the corner of the screen? Annoying innt? Hit "Backup" and it goes, until the next ad-break! :zonked:

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    red dot on sky is not the problem - like you say, just press backup. Its when viewing terrestrial programmes through the digital tuner, you get similar on-screen garbage like 'press start' (in red) etc - need to be able to turn this off.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    My freeview box has an 'exit' button that does this, I thought there was a similar on the XDE remote? VCR wise, there is a little black sliding switch on the back of the media box to enable 2 way audio/video on scart 2. Your VCR scarts, one is labelled decoder, and is in only, the other, labelled TV, is bi directional. This is probably L1. By selecting L1 for recording you should now bw able to record freeview.

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    thanks MAW, i'll give those suggestions a go.