CountryBookShop - are they mad?

C

CooperUK

Just did a search on shopsmart for Spiderman - CountryBookShop had it for sale at ... wait for it ... £26.49 !!! :eek:

Has anyone in this forum ever bought anything from them?

Are their discs gold with platinum cases? :D

Probably a supplier best avoided.

Coop

Coop,

I also did a search on their site at:

CLICK HERE

And they have the following titles listed:

BAND OF BROTHERS - DVD Tin Set
£69-99

AKIRA: SPECIAL EDITION - New Edition (Out 18-11-02)
£39-99

LORD OF THE RINGS: EXTENDED EDITION Box Set (with Bookends)
£44-99

These peeps are NOT cheap at all! One thing I did notice, is that their site looks very similar to another companies, but I can't quite work out who's.

Anyone else notice this similarity at all?

Pooch

Not only are they the most expensive DVD supplier I have ever seen, but they also don't even give you free delivery unless you spend at least £39!!! :eek: :D :D

Look at it this way: Iff ppl are prepared to pay that much, then good luck to them. It's kinda like mcdonalds. What they sell is grossly overpriced, yet ppl still flock there. They win, we lose.

McDonalds is grossly overpriced??? They're dirt cheap :)

BurgerKing are the ones that charge an arm & a leg :mad:

Perhaps McDonald's is overpriced considering its all re-constituted, tasteless sh*te!

I wonder how much it cost to make a big mac?

-I recon 4p

Bit more than that I reckon. Most of their profits are made on cola and soft drinks. You wouldn't believe how much they cost to make - about 2p for a huge tank of the stuff (syrup added to water is all it is).

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Bit more than that I reckon. Most of their profits are made on cola and soft drinks. You wouldn't believe how much they cost to make - about 2p for a huge tank of the stuff (syrup added to water is all it is).

your right there used to work there years ago, the cup costs more than the drink itself, to mcdonalds that is.

Originally posted by PoochJD

These peeps are NOT cheap at all! One thing I did notice, is that their site looks very similar to another companies, but I can't quite work out who's.

Anyone else notice this similarity at all?

Pooch

You know, I can't quite picture which site you mean ;)

Dave

McDonalds is grossly overpriced??? They're dirt cheap :)

BurgerKing are the ones that charge an arm & a leg :mad:

Ah, but at least in a burger king burger there is a vauge hint of beef flavour. I don't think I've ever tasted beef in a maccy d's burger! BK is still too expensive for what it is as well, though...

and yup, that site does look strangely familiar!

What I like about these forums is that people start of with a subject and you get about 5 post's down and it's totally changed :D

Originally posted by Sgt.Colon
What I like about these forums is that people start of with a subject and you get about 5 post's down and it's totally changed :D

heh heh, it wasn't intended to pull it off topic. Just tried to do a comparison, I tried pulling it back a bit on my last post!

Any other overpriced retailers, of any sort, that need to be avoided? :confused:

Here's a suggestion - Marks and Spencers - overpriced and unfashionable tat.

Apologies to all you 'oldies', but it is the sort of stuff my 60yr old dad wears! (I am a youthful 29) :devil:

I agree about McDonalds though - blurch :(

M&S are great for food & drink and underwear though. You may pay more, but it's top quality stuff IMO :)

Originally posted by CooperUK
Apologies to all you 'oldies', but it is the sort of stuff my 60yr old dad wears! (I am a youthful 29) :devil:

You haven't been into M&S lately, have you? New buyers, better styles and the prices are very competitive. Compared with GAP and Next, their clothes last more than 5 washes and they at least have loads of the same size too. And thank God they don't try to carry clothes for Ali G or Eminem fans!

FCUK, DKNY, Diesel and Timbreland are over-priced and look just like the new M&S range. Get over your lable issues.

P.S. I am a slightly less youthful 30 & shop everywhere for my clothes.

I like Gap - good quality, lasts a while (and I'm very hard wearing on my clothes) :)

Never liked Next though.

On the original subject.......

Searching for some old CD's I used to have.

Guess what...

CountryBookShop came in as the cheapest for Thomas Dolby's - Aliens ate my buick (£5.99) and Tower records came in with 3 different prices including the highest at £14.99.

So far streets online have saved me £10 but do not have The Cures greatest hits.

Never easy.

Si

Originally posted by CooperUK
M&S are fine (I'm 29 too) - decent underwear, great shirts and their suits are generally pretty hard wearing (although I've not bought a suit from them personally).

They also used to do a lovely line of boots, but the buggers have stopped doing them now :( (As have many other people, boots just dont seem to be fashionable)

Going back to the subject, doesnt county bookstores have a retail side as well as a web presence? I seem to remember one of their stores was an odd mix but had some reasonable bargains.

PK

There's this little place over in the west, Ireland I believe it's called, where €22 won't get you a decent DVD on the high street. That's about Str£13.

For Blade 2 it's €32 (£19) and for Black Hawk Down €36 (£21-50). Thank goodness for CDwow. And very few, if any, other online companies have free delivery.

Originally posted by Delorian
For Blade 2 it's €32 (£19) and for Black Hawk Down €36 (£21-50). Thank goodness for CDwow. And very few, if any, other online companies have free delivery.
Play.com is free postage too. Don't they cover Eire?

Originally posted by Matinee
M&S are fine (I'm 29 too) - decent underwear, great shirts and their suits are generally pretty hard wearing (although I've not bought a suit from them personally).

They also used to do a lovely line of boots, but the buggers have stopped doing them now :( (As have many other people, boots just dont seem to be fashionable)

Going back to the subject, doesnt county bookstores have a retail side as well as a web presence? I seem to remember one of their stores was an odd mix but had some reasonable bargains.

PK

Tut, tut, tut :D

Play.com is free postage too. Don't they cover Eire?

Yeah, I think so. Haven't used 'em yet though, CDwow has all I need. Although I do want a load of hard to find horrors which CDwow doesn't have. Zombi and Zombie Doom being 2 examples.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom