Country of origin of kit??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by krungthep56, Oct 1, 2004.

1. krungthep56

krungthep56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    I live in Thailand and am looking for an AV receiver: I have narrowed the choice down to:
    - Yamaha 2400
    - Denon 3805
    - Pioneer Ax5i-G/Ax5Ai
    The costs compared to the UK are similar, with the exception of the Pioneer which costs the equivalent of 550GBP - the Ax5Ai is not available here yet, and the only fnish available is gold :-(

When I looked closely, I noted that the receiver is made in Indonesia - does anyone have any feedback on country of origin and its effect on quality/reliability - would you go ahead and buy at this price?

Regards,

HT

2. eeii

eeii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an earlier version of this amp made in the same place and it sounds
    fab, don't worry about it. £550 for this amp sounds like a bargin

:smashin:

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Very little hifi or AV equipment is made in the country that you would expect it to be made in but I would guess that any manufacturing outsourced to cheaper countries would be inspected very carefully as it takes years to build up a good reputation and five minutes to have it destroyed by poor quality.