1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter Strike Clan Recruitment

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Hawklord, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi,
    We at the Weekend-warriors are recruiting for counter strike source. We are a small friendly bunch looking for mature and like minded people to join us for some fun. We have our own 6v6 server (soon to be 10v10) and we have members from all over the UK. We are currently quite a small clan and fairly new to Counter strike so any level of player is welcome as long as they are respectful and enjoy playing. We are currently looking into some leagues at the moment and tend to have a couple of friendlies/scrimmages every week with other clans. We have a two week trial period , but, as long as your active in this time there should be no problem becoming a fully fledged member.
    If your interested check out our forums over at www.weekend-warriors.net and post on our recruitment page.

[WW] Hawklord

2. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hi Hawklord,

I will deffo be up for joining. I am at work at the moment, so will go to that site when I get home later. You logged onto a server I was on the other day, and I started chatting away to you for a while before I realised you had logged off straight away. lol

Rob

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Love to but I think work would get in the way of practice sessions.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    We are pretty flexible with regard to practice times etc. but we usually try to practice Tuesday nights at 8pm. We use team speak too which adds another whole dimention to the game as you can discuss tactics arrange games and generally have a laugh;)
    We are all on xfire too and is more stable and useful than freinds on steam. My xfire tag is priv8pile btw so add me if you have it:)
    I'm really enjoying playing with the same people on familiar servers rather than up against unknowns on public servers.
    I've been playing rather a lot of this game since it's release averaging about 30 hours a week :eek: but you can put in as little or as much time as you like.
    We are basically just a group of guys having a lot of fun playing a superb game :smashin: and all are welcome.

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    We now have a friendly well admined 18 man server which can be found here:-

[A-LAN] WW Clan Server and the IP is 83.245.15.134:28065

all are very welcome to join us :smashin: And you do not have to join the clan just enjoy playing the game :)

6. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I am interested, but since i live in japan, no matter how fast the conection, I would lag too much to play on a UK server!
    I could give it a try though!

7. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Do you have any decent level players on Hawk ? ( I don't want to come on and spoil it for newer players ) ... I may pop on the servers and take alook when I can pull myself away fro WoW ;) ..... 4 weeks wihtout CS so far :eek:

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    cool I'll give it a blast. Been playing against the newish bots recently. Can hold my own against the hard level especially on a map I know ( office and italy and the dust ones). One up from that and I get toasted ...is this an embarassing thing. The bots seems uncannily good at headshooting on the hoof with even the most innacurate weapons.

9. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Well I've put in close to 600 hrs with this game now so I'd like to say I have improved since last we met :rotfl:
    I'm not quite to the same god like standard your are though and I still wont soil my hands with the AWP lol.
    It'd be nice to see you on our server and I'm sure we could all benefit from your clan experience because we are all essentially new to CS.
    As to our ability we have some average to good players imo but hardly what you would call elite ;) We would like to attract some more good players to our clan and learn from them wherever possible so you'd be very welcome to join.

10. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    sometimes its luck with them - and the higher level bots can be exceptionally accurate ..... but just remeber, they are still bots.
    There is a marginal amount of predictabilty with them ... much like with normal players ;)
    The trick is spotting when and where they are predicatable and taking advantage of it - never take on a high level bot sniper at distance unless u are a pro awper :p
    bascially - watch for the set tactical plays they have - then map around it.
    Alot of above average players were whinging like mad when we put 'average' level bots on the server - so there is NO shame in loosing to them.

11. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    My game tends to be a little variable. Sometimes I can't hit a barn door other times I'll take out 4 respectable players in short order. (guys that were maybe shredding me an hour earlier) Played a few games tonight and after I'd warmed up a bit I was doing the bulk of the damage to the other side.

Knowing the subtleties and "minimum route time to potential intercept" of the maps makes a big difference.