1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Council Tax joke...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr Cat, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    as some of you know I lived with me Ex until and of feb of this year...I had paid the full council tax bill (finished that by Xmas), my ex was at Uni so she was excempt...

when I moved out - initially the council thought that she had done her course until last July - that quickly got sorted - as they sent me the bill....

but check this out, because I moved house (within the same street) - I got a new bill for 66.85... I assumed I had paid the full bill for the year...

this is what they said -
    "I will try to explain this as clearly as possible. Council Tax is payable on a yearly basis, but if you move we calculate on a daily basis, e.g. yearly charge divided by 365, x no. of days at the address."

to me, thats like my being in one house and if I'm feeling flush I'd pay off my bill in full at the start of the tax year, then 3 months later I move down the street then I get a complete new bill....

not happy....I'm paying the tw*ts in little installments...