Could you recommend me some more Asian movies

SickSide

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the movies I have in my collection, could you recommend me some more movies similar to them ...

A Bittersweet Life
A Snake of June
A Tale of Two Sisters
Acacia
Audition
Bangkok Haunted
Battle Royale
Battle Royale II: Requiem
Bitter Sweet
Boiling Point
Brotherhood
Bullet Ballet
Casshern
Dark Water
Dead Or Alive
Death Note
Dumplings
Ebola Syndrome
Election vol 1
Exiled
Exte
Fulltime Killer
Gozu
Hana-bi
I'm A Cyborg But That's Ok
Ichi The Killer
Infernal Affairs
Into The Mirror
JSA Joint Security Area
Ju-on: The Grudge
Marebito
Mememto Mori
Memories of Murder
Oldboy
One Missed Call (1+2)
Phone
Premonition
Pulse/Kairo
R-Point
Rainy Dog
Ring
Shinjuku Triad Society
Shiri
Shutter
Spider Forest
Suicide Club
Sympathy For Lady Vengence
Sympathy For Mr Vengence
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
The City of Lost Souls
The Eye
The Happiness of the Katakuris
Three... Extremes
Tokyo Gore Police
Uzumaki
Versus
Visitor Q
Whispering Corridors
Zatoichi

That's a pretty good list, all my fav's on there, have you considered the Lone Wolf & cub series? I'm a massive fan (of the books as well) and the films made in the 70's are awsome, get the reigon one full uncut versions and in sequance.

Sonatine as well another Beat Takeshi film.

Last edited:
Have you watched 'Assembly' (ji jie hao)?

Thanks for the list by the way, I'll be checking a lot of these out :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestions, Lone Wolf & Cub looks good, I'll have to check them out sometime, haven't seen Ong Bak yet but it's on my list, as is Assembly and Thirst.

I also want to get Lady Snowblood as I've heard it's a great film, has anyone seen it?

The Lady Snowblood's are good but the UK DVD's are apalling.

How about Returner for a bit of Martial Arts/Sci Fi?

Rent Ong Bak, don't buy ;)

Have you not seen Part II and III to Infernal Affairs? Box set is pretty cheap if I recall as I paid £10 for it back when

Rent Ong Bak, don't buy ;)

Have you not seen Part II and III to Infernal Affairs? Box set is pretty cheap if I recall as I paid £10 for it back when

I've seen Infernal Affairs 2 and 3, they were all shown on Film4 a while back, I didn't understand how Sam the gang boss was alive in 2 and 3

I've seen Infernal Affairs 2 and 3, they were all shown on Film4 a while back, I didn't understand how Sam the gang boss was alive in 2 and 3

Second film is a prequel and flashbacks in 3.

Second film is a prequel and flashbacks in 3.

ah right, thanks

I finally got around to watching Uzumaki, amazing movie, I love the green tint to the film.

"The Chaser", a Korean movie, is absolutely brilliant.

Red Cliff. Chi bi (2008)
Beast Cops. Yeshou xingjing (1998) - Release dates

These two are definitely worth a watch in my opinion. I dont want you wasting your hard earned cash though so may be best if you rented them first and then decide if you wanted to buy.

Funnily enough on imdb the ratings arent that great but hey what do other people know.

Have you seen Save the Green Planet? What about The Quiet Family (it's the film Miike based Happiness of the Katakuris on).

I can thoroughly recommend a Korean flick called 'Bin Jip'.

Basic premise is a homeless guy who finds empty houses when the occupants are on holiday and breaks in to use their facilities and sleep.

In repayment he fixes any household issues they have etc and then goes on his way. In error he breaks into a house he assumes is empty and encounters an incredibly sad woman who is in an abusive relationship.

It's an incredibly touching film, not a lot of dialogue but visually interesting and conveys the emotion of love and discovery fantastically.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom