1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone spell it out for me...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dooid, Jan 3, 2005.

1. dooid

dooid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, could someone once and for all time tell me how to access the Engineering or extra service menu thingy on my Panasonic Th42PE30B Plasma TV. I have tried the ways outlined in the forum and I can't do it for some reason could someone give me step by step instructions? Sorry if this is a really thick question but I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

2. THE BOARS

THE BOARS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    yeah me too please

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    1)Set base to maxium
    2)set treble to minimum
    3)select channel 99 on analouge
    4)press the DVB button on the remote
    5) press the tv/av button on the remote and then select the input you wish to adjust, AV1, AV2 ect.
    6)Select which aspect ratio you wish to adjust by pressing the aspect button on the remote. 4:3, 16:9 ect.
    7)Press the v/- button on the front pannel and the index button on the remote at the same time.
    8)The brigtness of the pannel will now increase as it goes in to dynamic mode and the screen should now be showing SERVICE MENU ONE.
    9)using the green button the remote, scroll through the options untill you get to jpeg viewer.
    10)Press hold on the remote.
    11)you should now be in service menu 2
    12) Use the first two coloured fast text buttons on the remote to scroll forwards and back through the options. Use the last two buttons to change the values up and down. press enter on the remote to store the values.

REMEBER. BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING WRIGHT DOWN THE OLD VALUES FIRST. DONT GO MESSING AROUND IN THERE UNLESS YOU HAVE A GOOD IDEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. You can do some reall damage if you are not extremly carefull.

4. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi David, I was just wondering if you had fixed the dark corners on your screen and if it was a result of adjusting the overscan in the service menu, in case I have a go at mine. The only problem is I dont know what I'm doing.

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Right, the dark corners are not a result of the overscan which i have adjusted. I my opinion , when the camera pans and there is movement on the screen the corners seem to become darker. you can still see every thing,but it is almost as if the center of the screen is brighter than the corners.

6. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll check this one on mine during camera pan to see if I notice the same thing. How much difference did adjusting the overscan make to the PQ? and could you please give some detailed instructions, as you did for the service menu, on how you did it.
    Much appreciated, Harry.