Could someone recommend a good component to HDMI upscaler?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by GhostRider17, Mar 4, 2013.

1. GhostRider17

GhostRider17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I love playing my old ps2 games from time to time on my 1080p tv but as most of you will know it doesnt look that great,but better with component cables.

I have a b/c launch 60gb ps3 that will upscale but the software emulation causes problems with some games.

I know some of you use upscalers/deinterlacers etc and i know the hdmi converters you often see on ebay for around the £30 mark are pretty much useless.

Was just wondering if someone could recommend a proper upscaler that works well with the ps2? And maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks guys!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,504
    You are looking to do three things - convert (analogue to digital), scale (SD to HD) and deinterlace!

Assuming the TV is not making a good job of those three processes a second hand Lumagen or DVDO will likely be your best option + time to learn how to configure and calibrate them.

A trip to the Video Processor Forum (see Video devices) here on AVF is your best option.

Joe

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  3. GhostRider17

GhostRider17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Thanks for that,im really grateful of your input and advice. Its defo got me on the right track and ill head over there now!