Could someone do me a favour and measure the TH-42PZ70B out of the box.

Ivor_Biggern

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if one of you kind TH-42PZ70B owners could measure the width of your television as i am getting conflicting dimensions from the Panasonic site and the John lewis site.

On the Panasonic site it says the width is 1134 mm but on the John Lewis site its saying the width is 102 cm, its just the exact width i am after as i need to make sure this will fit comfortably in the corner of my room.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/plasma-tv/th-42pz70b/index.htm

http://www.johnlewis.com/Technology/Televisions/Televisions/1080p+High+Definition+TV/6595/230443383/Product.aspx

just checking AV-Sales webite (AV forum advertisers who post regularly on these forums) top guys.
The dimensions they give are same as Panasonic, their is your answer

I would always trust the manufacturer over someone like JL.

I think the confusion is that some sites are advertising the PZ70 with a pic of the PX70, assuming that they are physically the same set / dimensions. However, they don't seem to be.

The PX70 is 102cm, the PZ70 looks to be 113.4cm wide.

Not sure what the extra 11.4cm of plastic is for? Anyone?

Could well be. Hard to tell from the pics.

I've heard comment that the sound on the PZ70 is superior to the PX70, but to be honest I'd prefer the thinner frame.

I think the confusion is that some sites are advertising the PZ70 with a pic of the PX70, assuming that they are physically the same set / dimensions. However, they don't seem to be.

The PX70 is 102cm, the PZ70 looks to be 113.4cm wide.

Not sure what the extra 11.4cm of plastic is for? Anyone?

In the main Panasonic TH42/50PZ thread on this forum I recall having read that the PZ70 always comes with pedestal included (and it says so too on the Panasonic web site) hence the extra 11.4 cm

In the main Panasonic TH42/50PZ thread on this forum I recall having read that the PZ70 always comes with pedestal included (and it says so too on the Panasonic web site) hence the extra 11.4 cm

Don't think that's it, the measurement in question is the width, not the height. It would be a humongous 42"er if it was the height. :)

The speakers on the PZ70 are are at the sides

The speakers on the PX70 are under the screen (same as the PX60 I think)
(The panasonic logo is across the middle of where the grill is)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom