Could people who are -totally- satisfied with their hi-fi system shout out?

Jazzabana

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to check out the gears that people put together and find it perfect. So it might give an idea what gears go together well plus it might create a good guide for the next moves. Peace!

In any budget range that is?

In any budget range that is?
Not really, I am after people's experience as a guide for the future.

Also, if somebody who owns one of my gears posts under this,
I wanna see what they match it with.

I have Marantz pm6005/cd 6005 and wharfedale diamond 220 speakers which I bought 2nd hand about 2 years ago. Absolutely love the sound and wonder can it get any better (obviously it can:)). Every now and then when I know there’s no one in next door I turn it up to 11 o’clock ish sounds amazing. I added a CCA and stream Spotify now and again but mainly play CD’s. Love it.

I've got a project classic TT with a 2m Bronze, a Rega phono MK3, Quad Vena and Neat motive Sx2 speakers.

I love the sound in general, occasionally I think its a bit thin on certain recordings but put that down to how the album's been mixed.

I'm at a loss on how to improve the system without having to spend silly money. I'm tempted to try a Naim amp just to see how it plays with the Neat speakers but that's about it.

I must confess I've been bingeing out on CDs this weekend and I'm as content as I've ever been with my current set-up, but whether it will be still in place this time next year who knows :)

I'm a big fan of Rotel products but buying my Spendors for a knock down price off another forum a few months ago means that I'm now realising their full potential. Absolutely gorgeous speakers, small and compact, sweet sounding that suit my room and tastes to a tee.

I've got a project classic TT with a 2m Bronze, a Rega phono MK3, Quad Vena and Neat motive Sx2 speakers.

I love the sound in general, occasionally I think its a bit thin on certain recordings but put that down to how the album's been mixed.

I'm at a loss on how to improve the system without having to spend silly money. I'm tempted to try a Naim amp just to see how it plays with the Neat speakers but that's about it.
+1 for Rega phono mk3

I am curious about Naim, too. I have auditioned Roksan Blak, Rega Elicit-r, elex-r, Hegel h360, some chord amp and own the yamaha 2100. I bet Naim would take care of your problem.

What is the recommended wattage for Neats? I couldn't find the info on that.

I must confess I've been bingeing out on CDs this weekend and I'm as content as I've ever been with my current set-up, but whether it will be still in place this time next year who knows :)

I'm a big fan of Rotel products but buying my Spendors for a knock down price off another forum a few months ago means that I'm now realising their full potential. Absolutely gorgeous speakers, small and compact, sweet sounding that suit my room and tastes to a tee.
I think, I read on the forum that Spendors would nicely match with Yamahas as well.

I also experienced ''realizing the potential of my speakers'' when I was auditioning. This nice hi-fi shop sent me Hegel h360 and some chord integrated. Realizing; I can squeeze more out of my speakers on top of my Yamaha a-s2100 was a nice clue about my next move.

Enjoi.

With C-19 putting our holidays on hold I decided to upgrade.

Went for the following:

B&W 603's
Rega Elex-R
Chord Qutest

I already had a Bluesound Node 2i Streamer.

The most interesting thing for me wasn't the difference the kit made (certainly the flavour was different) but the changes I made after with some DIY room treatment. This made a massive impact on reducing reflections and taking the "brightness" out of the room.

Whatever you decide to go for, an accommodating dealer is worth their weight in gold. As what you hear in the demo room might sound very different on your own.

Happy hunting!

+1 for Rega phono mk3

I am curious about Naim, too. I have auditioned Roksan Blak, Rega Elicit-r, elex-r, Hegel h360, some chord amp and own the yamaha 2100. I bet Naim would take care of your problem.

What is the recommended wattage for Neats? I couldn't find the info on that.
I think they recommend 25 to 100 watts. I've never got the feeling that the Quad is struggling.

It's been a long (and occasionally frustrating) path for me, but I'm finally there with the following kit...

Monitor Audio Gold 300 5g speakers.
Lyngdorf TDAi 3400 amp.
Roksan Caspian M2 cd player.
Audio Technica ATLP5 Goldring 1024 cart.
Arcam rphono.

I can't imagine getting a better sound without spending a ton more cash. If anything the record deck would appear to be the weakest link. However I only have a small number of albums now and it just isn't worth the money to go any further down that route.

I mainly listen to cd.

What I love about all this is the clarity and accuracy of the sound it produces. In particular the vocals. Before I bought the Lyngdorf, vocal Harmony's sounded ok....but now, you can hear the separation between the different voices. It has been a revelation to me and I'm now going through my cd's listening to albums I haven't touched in years.

No TT.

Denon DCD-2500 NE SACD player
Rega Elicit-R
KEF R300s

PMC Twenty 21 speakers, BK XXLS400 subwoofer, Quad Elite QSP power amp, custom spec BTE Designs passive preamp, Exposure 2010S2 CD player, Yamaha WXC 50 streamer, Van Damme cables and interconnects.

I'd be happy holed up doing nowt else other than listening to it 24/7, 365 on full whack if I had my way, but I doubt the wife (and the neighbours) would have it.

Just takes me out of myself every damn time I play it.

Project X1
Sonos Connect
Rega Elex R
Neat Motive SX2

Bar mucking about with different cartridges (because it's fun!), i can't see me changing anything for years. Smooth, insightful sound. Brilliantly rhythmical. As above, I'm sure I could improve every aspect (with silly money), but I really don't see the need.
This is the first set of kit I've ever owned that doesn't have the next, long term upgrade for each bit, sitting in the back of my mind.

I think they recommend 25 to 100 watts. I've never got the feeling that the Quad is struggling.
I am driving Dali Rubicon 2s with a Yamaha a-s 2100 and I thought it had enough power, up until I auditioned Hegel H360 and a chord integrated. I saw Rubicons thrived with more power. It was nice to see there was more to my Rubicons.

How does
It's been a long (and occasionally frustrating) path for me, but I'm finally there with the following kit...

Monitor Audio Gold 300 5g speakers.
Lyngdorf TDAi 3400 amp.
Roksan Caspian M2 cd player.
Audio Technica ATLP5 Goldring 1024 cart.
Arcam rphono.

I can't imagine getting a better sound without spending a ton more cash. If anything the record deck would appear to be the weakest link. However I only have a small number of albums now and it just isn't worth the money to go any further down that route.

I mainly listen to cd.

What I love about all this is the clarity and accuracy of the sound it produces. In particular the vocals. Before I bought the Lyngdorf, vocal Harmony's sounded ok....but now, you can hear the separation between the different voices. It has been a revelation to me and I'm now going through my cd's listening to albums I haven't touched in years.
How does the room correction working out for you?

After 18 months with my system i am at the end of the road until i move house and have a separate room for music (need a lottery win for that)
Allo digione signature (on top of a raspberry pi2)
Exposure 2010s DAC (second hand)
Naim nait5si
Neat Motive SX2
The last change was the digione signature as i had the normal digione but i must say the update as given my system a big uplift in the bass.
So that's it now end game.

No TT.

Denon DCD-2500 NE SACD player
Rega Elicit-R
KEF R300s
I bet those Kef r300s would match nicely with Yamaha a-s2100 as well. Did you ever have the chance to audition that combo, I wonder.

I'm really enjoying the set-up I have at present. I am upgrading (with the exception of the streamer), but I plan to keep everything except the RP3, which I'm part-exchanging against a new P6. Keeping the Marantz CD and PM6007 with the Dalis will give me a back-up system that I would happily fall back on if my upgraded kit goes down or if hard times mean some kit has to be sold.

Auralic Aries G2 streamer.
Chord M-Scaler
WAVE Dual BNC cables
Chord Hugo TT2
ATC SCM40A speakers
Focal Stellia and ZMF Verite Open headphones

I'm very happy with the sound quality and performance of this setup and I cannot see the need to upgrade any part of it.

I bet those Kef r300s would match nicely with Yamaha a-s2100 as well. Did you ever have the chance to audition that combo, I wonder.
No. I auditioned the Rega with the dealers R300s against Naim. The Elicit won because of it's ability to produce a well controlled and fast bass response.

Good to see lots of Neat Motive SX2 love. Great speakers. Love mine. For the sound and the fact that, size wise, they don't dominate the room.

How does

How does the room correction working out for you?
Roomperfect is an absolute revelation. It took me a little experimenting to get everything right and I ran it about 6-7 times trying the mic in different places, but it was immediately obvious when I hit the sweet spot. It's all a learning process I guess. 👍

Pioneer LX500 for CD, SACD, DVD-A & Blu Ray
Lyngdorf TDAi-3400 Amp
ATC SCM-19 Speakers
M&K X10 Subwoofer

Best sounding system I have had to date after having Creek, Linn, Naim, Meridian & Arcam based systems over the years. RoomPerfect via the Lyngdorf was a revelation. By far the simplest and best room correction system as far as I'm concerned. :)

Streaming is handled by my MacBook using Roon into the Lyngdorf.

I'm happy enough with my mid-fi setup. I mainly listen off axis anyway because I'm a peasant and a swine! And also my speakers are worth nothing anymore! You can buy a pair brand new for 400. They were 1200 when released.

Arcam A38
Focal 726v
Focal sub (12" I think)
Teufel Connector
Arcam CD82
Van damme blue/black and Amazon Basics
MiniDSP DDRC-24

The amp is better then the speakers, so should be getting the best from them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom