1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could not help myself!Getting Samsung DVDHD945 to go with Sammy! Any advice?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mistycat, Mar 18, 2005.

1. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi boys (and DLP Girl). Could not help myself and have ordered last dvdhd945 from Unbeatable to upscale all my dvds as I can't see myself replacing them when new format comes in. What do you think guys? :hiya: :thumbsup:

2. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think great idea misty i myself wanted to start taking advantage of my new found sammy glory and worthwhile upscaling all you dvd to the maximum you can sueeze out of them. It makes notable difference to picture quality when you connect digital to digital with no conversion to analouge in between.

I went for the panasonic my self DVDS97EBS say saving private ryan looked almost 3D its a great player for the price. £159 direct from panny. Was 299 couple of months ago i think they are clearing the stock before they replace it with a new flagship model.

Check out the threads in the dvd forum people give it the thumbs up :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/dvd-players/dvds97ebs/index.htm

3. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the panny upscale via component?

4. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I think you made a good choice, I can't compare the PQ against the Panasonic. But I can say that it has played every DVD+RW+R-R-RW running on PAL/NTSC/FILM ,divx, xvid, avi, mpeg, CD, SVCD I could throw at it. All over upscaled HDMI and the picture is clear and sharp.

5. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does it also play dvd-ram etc as I have a panny dvd ebs dvd recorder. Thanks

6. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    me a little silly! Does this mean tv shows I have taped on my panny dvd recorder will play on the unit. Also I have a dvd-ram re-recordable disk. Will this work? Does it also upscale via component? Thanks much. Maree

7. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which leads would people recommed to for DVI-HDMI as i would like to connect my laptop to my sammy. Dont fancy paying silly money but something that most people thik is good. Misty you come aross one in you research thanks :lease: :lease:

8. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
  9. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seems to be a good choice mistycat,i've got the hd945 on order from digi-uk.they told me it would arrive this week but now they are telling me it should be next week.has anybody had any dealings with this company? i would have got it from unbeatable but they were out of stock.