• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Could not activate cellular data network

MattBW1970

Standard Member
Hi,

Been getting this error message all morning when I try to surf the web on 3G, does anyone know if the O2 network is down?

Thanks

Greggles

Established Member
I wish I'd read this earlier - I've been getting the same - thought it was due to tethering my JB'd iPhone to my WiFi only iPad!

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Yep, back now in London

paulm34

Established Member
I had the same problem. I changed the setting from mobile.o2.co.uk to idata.o2.co.uk . and it worked fine again. I then changed it back and it would not work again:rolleyes:

bobbytoad

Established Member
Welcome to o2 happens quite often then resolves itself luckily.
i've now given up worrying or trying to find a cure

StuBFrost

Established Member
Our company received this from O2 this morning:

"We currently have a problem affecting GPRS, WAP and MMS. We're working on a fix and will keep you up to date with our progress"

bransoj

Prominent Member
Down again. :mad:

I've had to do a reset to "idata" to get a connection. :thumbsdow

Time to get my PAC code and move provider methinks....
I've been with O2 for years and can count the number of times i've not had a internet connection on one hand. Whats to say the others are any better?

nooly

Established Member
I picked up a micro sim from an o2 store today, got my number transfered over but now I`m getting "Could not activate cellular data network". Im on simplicity and have changed the APN to payandgo.o2.co.uk. Same thing. Tried mobile.o2.co.uk as well. Same thing.

Any ideas?

Cheers

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I picked up a micro sim from an o2 store today, got my number transfered over but now I`m getting "Could not activate cellular data network". Im on simplicity and have changed the APN to payandgo.o2.co.uk. Same thing. Tried mobile.o2.co.uk as well. Same thing.

Any ideas?

Cheers

I use:

• idata.o2.co.uk
  • vertigo
  • password

Give that a try.

Dub-77

Established Member
idata........ is only for the iphone tarrifs, you need to use mobile.o2.... for any other pay monthly or payandgo for obviously p&g.
Im sure you will get charged if you use the wrong APN.

sjj84

Established Member
idata........ is only for the iphone tarrifs, you need to use mobile.o2.... for any other pay monthly or payandgo for obviously p&g.
Im sure you will get charged if you use the wrong APN.

Unless you are on a simplicity for iphone contract in which case you need the idata setting. I was previously on a normal simplicity contract and used the mobile.o2 setting, changed to the iphone one yesterday and had to change my settings today. If you have the wrong setting it won't connect.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom