Could my router be the main source of the problem

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Darsh, May 2, 2007.

1. Darsh

Darsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi guys my problem is that i can't seem to sign into the PSN during the peak time hours i get on during the night though. My signla strength is always at 100%. Today i rang Sony for help they said i need to have the UDP/TCP ports open and also ask my router company to enable DMZ so after that was all done it should hopefully work. Well yes and no i was able to connect but then i got signed out again.

I have heard my router which is a NETGEAR DG834PN is not compatible with PS3 just yet and Sony will be giving a update soon for it.

Also on the NETGEAR Smartwizard under firewall settings i was given all the outbound services and in the inbound services i have DMZ only in there. Do i need anything else in this section? If i do please let me know

Cheers

Darsh

2. Darsh

Darsh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Just solved my problem all i done was change from a wireless connection to a wired connection and now i can sign into the Playstation Network with no problems :D just wish their wasn't these errors with wireless connections.

3. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Wireless is fairly unreleliable - it clashes with video senders, wireless phones, even bluetooth, and picks up interference from things like microwaves. Generally if something is not going to move around use a wired connection - especially for gaming that requires a good solid connection (if you can't get a cable there use homeplugs).

4. fdxd

fdxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had issue swith my old b wireless router . Upgrading to G really helped me. ALso you have the option of using electrical sockets.