Could my box be about to fail?

monkey_123

Standard Member
Hi all, Your advice is needed.

When i turned on my box today, i had the no signal strength sign and two failed recordings. My automatic response to this was to switch of the box at the mains. When i switched the box back on, it kind of locked in stand by off mode with remote having no effect. After a minute of of trying to switch it on, the box finally sprang into life. The next problem was that the Sky channel only had sound but showed a blue screen. After i tried changing channels though, everything was ok again and the picture was back.

Is my box about to fail, or could this have been a blip? Iv'e only had sky since christmas and would expect the box to last longer than a month.

Flatcoat

My first box was doing what you describe every so often from the time I had it installed. It eventually failed after 30 months of constant use. Sky replaced it for £65 which I was happy with.

kevmarshall

Hi all, Your advice is needed.

When i turned on my box today, i had the no signal strength sign and two failed recordings. My automatic response to this was to switch of the box at the mains. When i switched the box back on, it kind of locked in stand by off mode with remote having no effect. After a minute of of trying to switch it on, the box finally sprang into life. This is quite normal behavior. Takes a couple of minute it to kick into life after a re-boot :smashin:

The next problem was that the Sky channel only had sound but showed a blue screen. After i tried changing channels though, everything was ok again and the picture was back. This sounds like a blip...........a planner re-build would normaly fix this kind of problem.

Is my box about to fail, or could this have been a blip? Iv'e only had sky since christmas and would expect the box to last longer than a month.
Hope this helps..........

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Fairly common for my box, and the update last week has made it fail practically every recording.

After switching off the mains it takes between 2 and 5mins for the box to respond as it does lots of internals, so that is normal and it will ignore the remote until it is ready.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom