• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Could I get a little advice on subs? Paradigm SE Sub vs others =)

Totori

Novice Member
Hi!

I've asked this in other places but I am not really sure.

I've got the Paradigm SE setup (Paradigm SE1s, SE3s and SE Center). I'm missing a sub, but I am not quite sure on the Paradigm Sub.

I can pick up the sub for $450~ Canadian but it has a little scratch on it- is something like this fixable?

Another part- I can't find many reviews on this thing. Everytime a sub is brought up I've been recommended a SVS sub (which would cost $150-200 more), but there is one glaring problem: from what I see they only come in black. My entire setup is a beautiful rosenut color currently!

How should I go about picking the sub that is right for me?

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
I certainly wouldn't pick a sub because of the colour but if you did want to go with the the matching scratched one then I'm pretty sure someone could repair it for you, a French polisher, that's if they still have them, could make it disappear I'd have thought, the scratch not the sub :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom