1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could be stupid question (tv - mini sys)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by jammods, Sep 29, 2002.

1. jammods

jammods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I put my hands up here I know absolutely nothing but is it possible to put my Philips 28pw6515 TV into the aux input in the back of my dennon mini system?

The speakers are not the standard ones they are an aftermarket mission set.

2. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont think your gonna squeeze a 28" TV into 2 holes 4/5mm wide!:D

Seriously though, you will need a scart to 2 phono lead that should sort you out;)

Taz.:cool:

3. jammods

jammods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL cheers mate I was wondering how to squeeze it in. I am nowaware of the kit I need, but will it benefit sound wise do you think (anyone)

4. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the midi is not a pro-logic system (ie only 2 speakers) your still gonna get a much better sound as your Mission speakers are far better than the ones built into your TV yeh?

Get yourself a lead (make sure its scart to phono not the other way) and give it a go but beware, this WILL start you on the slippery slope, next you will be after 5.1 surround with an amp then better speakers etc we have seen it all before!;)

Taz.:cool:

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I dont suppose this set has audio out jacks? then you could just use a simple phone lead....

As Taz says, you should get a much improved sound. Although the mini system amp is probably not wonderful, the chances are it will be easily superior to that in your tv, and without doubt the speakers are just on a different planet in terms of performance!

and this must be one of the best slopes you could hope to slip down! :D

ad

6. jammods

jammods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, it has got stereo in and out so I'll just get the simple phono lead:D