Could anyone recommend me a TV?

zuluisgrate

Standard Member
So I'm a bit of a picky bastard & wondering if someone can help with a new TV!

I recently bought a Q70T but I'm getting a bit of buyer's remorse; although the colours are great, as with so many modern TVs it simply isn't bright enough - especially in dark scenes when the TV inexplicably darkens even further for no good reason.

I am looking for:

- Something high end in terms of quality colour output
- A TV which does not dim during either dark or bright scenes (so OLED is out due to it's horrible ABL)
- High end HDR peak brightness, and is generally bright overall
- At least 4x HDMI 2.0 ports

A scart / RGB port would also be helpful as I do a fair bit of retro gaming. 3D is also preferable but not essential.

Thanks all :)

Dodgexander

A scart / RGB port would also be helpful as I do a fair bit of retro gaming. 3D is also preferable but not essential.
Lost track of which TVs still have legacy connections like this, but no named brands will have scart now. Very few will have component/composite dual ports.

For HDR you need to look at models that meet minimum baseline specs. At least 1000 nits is recommend as peak brightness, 1500 or more is prefered. A TV that has good local dimming is essential.

The Samsung Q70T can get pretty bright, but doesn't have good local dimming. The Q80T is the first model that does, whilst the Q90T is even better.

From Sony there's the XH9505.

From Hisense the U8Q.

So yeah, I'd recommend one of those models. They are all 2020 models though and are currently overpriced. So your cash will stretch further if you are able to refund your Q70T and purchase a TV at a better time.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom