Question Could any expert help me to choose a TV

AmrCell

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I want to buy A T.V for gaming and watching movies but im little bit confused between 3 kind
SAMSUNG UE55MU8009
or
Sony XE8505
or
Sony Fernseher 55 Zoll XE9005

First question: my problem is that Sony xe9005 is little bit expensive so if i want to choose between
SAMSUNG UE55MU8009 and Sony XE8505
which one should i take?
i found that this Samsung has HDR 1000 and Dynamic Crystal Color mit 8 Bit
and thats good for gaming but im still confused between these 2 :facepalm:

Second question: If i want to take XE9005 do u recomened a second hand with Garante or i should stay away from a second hand?

Thanks alot

You will get a better answer in The whats the best tv for you forum.
Welcome to the forums:)

Martin

HDR1000 and Dynamic Crystal Colour are both Samsung marketing terms, the former referring it's very basic local dimming system and test pattern brightness range, the latter to it's colour gamut (wider than SDR, narrower than the models with the quantum dot film).

Sony don't tend to use the same sort of marketing, so all TVs with a wider than SDR colour gamut are called Triluminos even though some are wider than others.

Bit depth isn't a meaningful number at the moment.

The XE85 and MU8000 are pretty comparable. The MU8000 does have the local dimming system will result in occasional small contrast improvements, but on the other hand the Sony has better motion handling and accepts a 120hz signal if you're gaming on PC.

This late in the year I wouldn't be as bothered about returned/refurbished models as I would be earlier as I suspect the risk on new models is higher too. As long as it's got a good return policy then I wouldn't expect refurbs to last any worse in the long term if you're happy in the short term.

So do you think that Sony XE85 is better than Samsung UM8009? specially for gaming cause i want it for PS4 Pro

They're similar TVs and it'll vary between people which one they prefer. You haven't told us which aspects of picture quality bother you so it's difficult to predict which one you'd like most.

I care about Motion and Color but i found that Sony XE8505 Motionflow™ XR 800 Hz (100 Hz nativ) and in sony (another model) 55XE8577 Motionflow™ XR 1000 Hz (unkomprimiert 100 Hz)
do u think there is a big deference between the last 2 sony model in Motionflow
Cause as u know motion is very important in games u can check here i dont know what all these number means in motion section
Samsung MU8000 vs Sony X850E Side-by-Side TV Comparison
if u can search for Flicker-Free its 10 in sony and 4 in mu8000 i dont know if this related to Motion

the model number is little bit different in Germany
and i dont know how much motionflow in MU8009

Last edited:
Rtings are a Canadian site so they're using the North American model numbers which are different from the European ones, so the MU8000 there is the MU7000 here. Their MU9000 would be closest to our MU8000.

I've never found what the various motionflow numbers refer to.

Flicker is related to motion in that it can be used to reduce perceived motion blur. That's the BFI section. For best results it should match the frame rate of the motion, so for 60fps content like a game console output 60hz is better than 120hz.

Some people find the flicker itself directly noticable though, so rtings also tests whether it can be turned off entirely. On the Sony it can, on the Samsungs it's still there in some form.

Motion blur is the amount of motion blur caused by the LCD, it doesn't take BFI into account.

Interpolation is software processing that creates extra frames for a higher framerate. It only works on sources that are lower framerate than the TV is capable of. The quality is dependant on how well it's implemented and it won't match an actual higher framerate source for smoothness. It's often turned off for gaming because it needs to buffer a couple of frames to tell where the motion is heading, this is the type of interpolation mentioned in the input lag section.

Stutter and judder are mostly relevant to converting the awkward low frame rates of film content to TV.

Variable refresh rate isn't supported by the PS4 or 2017 TV models.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom