Costco's 3 year guarantee

andyphil

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what Costco's 3 year guarantee is like? Do you think they would exchange a dodgy tv with no questions asked? Has anybody dealt with them before, and what were they like with returns?

cheers

Does anybody know what Costco's 3 year guarantee is like? Do you think they would exchange a dodgy tv with no questions asked? Has anybody dealt with them before, and what were they like with returns?

cheers

Depends what you mean by "dodgy".

Two of my cousins are Costco members and I'm holding out now for stock of the new Samsung LCD at one of their North West outlets, purely because of the 3 yr guarantee.

They swear by it saying there are very rarely any questions asked (providing there is a genuine fault of course) and you are given the 3 options to swap it for the same, the current equivalent if discontinued or get a refund.

Short of going instore - any way to get a hold of their pricing for TVs?

I would imagine their guarantee to be good but the term 'dodgy' could be alot of things..

Was it stolen? Broken? etc?

Short of going instore - any way to get a hold of their pricing for TVs?

Yes you can call them to check price and availability.

http://www.costco.co.uk/

Unfortunately they don't do inter company stock transfer from one outlet to another though. As part of their low price policy, they only have a small fleet with 90%+ of their stock being delivered direct from the manufacturer or their nominated distributor.

They also don't have a preorder scheme, so if it's in stock you can pick it up, if not, you have to wait, like me.

Certainly with the one year guarantee they just refund you the money with absolutely no questions asked and without a receipt - they just check your membership card and see your purchase history on the computer.

Their service is usually excellent.

No experience of the 3yr warranties as yet.

Cheers guys.

I'm looking to buy the new Samsung M86/7, and some people have said there is a fault with a few sets where there is a green haze on hdmi inputs when using a ps3. That is the sort of thing i meant by dodgy because i didn't know if you could show them this fault when you tried to take it back. So they would probably have to take your word for it.

cheers

Cheers guys.

I'm looking to buy the new Samsung M86/7, and some people have said there is a fault with a few sets where there is a green haze on hdmi inputs when using a ps3. That is the sort of thing i meant by dodgy because i didn't know if you could show them this fault when you tried to take it back. So they would probably have to take your word for it.

cheers

Right ...... with that sort of fault I wouldn't have thought you would have any problem replacing it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom