• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Costco Warranty?

delboyuk2005uk

I bought a samsung ps50q497hdx on the 15/11/07 and I am not happy with it.
Has anyone had any expiercne witch costco before what are they like?

To be honest I would want to change the plasma to a whole different model and make as this is quite poor on football which is all I watch.

1) Will they swap it for another plasma? If I pay extra money

if not

2) Can I just change it for a new samsung!

Please help as ill be ringing them later tonight or friday so I need to know what they do or dont do so I can get what I want!

ps anyone know how much the panasonic 50px70 is in costco?

YellowSphere

Hang about, your problem may be solvable.

What exactly is dissapointing you about the set's performance?

stuart2

Costco (UK) are pretty good on warranties. However this is not a warranty issue as your set is not actually faulty. If you tell them it is not what you wanted they are usually pretty good and will give you your money back.

As for the cost of a PZ70 they will tell you when you phone them if they have it in stock.

buckaroo

Standard Member
1) Will they swap it for another plasma? If I pay extra money

if not

2) Can I just change it for a new samsung!

If you bought it via their website, and didn't go into their shop and see it / test drive it before buying, you could reject it without giving any reason, according to the Distance Selling Act. But this only applies within 7 days of receiving the set. How long have you had it? Are their T&Cs regarding returns on the receipt?

lynx

Senior Moderator
Take it to the returns desk and tell them you wish to return for a refund, their cs is second to none.

delboyuk2005uk

Hang about, your problem may be solvable.

What exactly is dissapointing you about the set's performance?

First of all it judders on sky sports news as an example, this can probably be fix by an update?

The football issue is crucial to me as I watch mostly football myself

The main issue is when I watch telly red pixels appear now and again and lately even more.

They can appear anywhere at anytime on the screen like blotches of red pixles in all different shape and sizes.

The same happens in green as well but not so much.

Oh yeah and before I forget the tv flickers on and off like it losing power, ie the screen is perfect one min then next the screen seems to go darker.

Apart from all that the screen is ok, but not worth sticking with am afraid

delboyuk2005uk

I bought it on the 15/11/07. Only just had it on for last few weeks as I just moved house!

Also I am not an actual member myself one of my family members came with me and I bought it with them.

I dont think I can return with a card to get in can I? I do have all the reciepts and was paid by my debit card?

MarkTaylor

I doubt that you'd have any problem returning it, just pack it up in the original packaging and take it back.

I'd be inclined to take the person with the card along as well to avoid any problems.

lynx

Senior Moderator
A card holder from the account it was purchased on must be present.

holidaykev

Standard Member
Hi I just returned a 27" Sony to Costco ,It kept shutting down for some reason .Phoned their help line and they repaired the fault however same problem occured some five months later.

I had the set for just under 2 years . I phoned the store and asked if they would consider giving me a replacement as I was a bit worried that the fault would never be fully repaired . They said that if I was unhappy with the product they will return the monies paid in full . Fantastic service gave me back over £800 ,of course I purchased another set from Costco without pricing any other suppliers.

I think you will have no problems taking your set back . I phoned first and asked their advice then took the set back . We pay a membership yearly to benefit from Cosco,s method of trading this includes their returns policy. They make good profits and are a well respected company .I think their very high customer service levels contribute to their excellent margins,I for one would not go past them .
Their will be people who are dishonest and will take their items back just to obtain an upgrade but for every bad guy their is 20 good guys . Kev

rubyredshoes

Standard Member
I have been a costco fan since ours opened years back. I have taken 2 tv's back here. One was 2yrs 8 month into a 3 yr warranty and they just gave me the cash back. It was my dads TV and as I was the card holder I had to be there. Saying that I have been told only today from a guy in comet so dont quote me. Costco's have their own repair men now and the repair products like this. Like I say dont quote me ring costcos, they are alway friendly and will answer all your questions , good luck.

styler

Standard Member
Took my dad's running machine back after two years. No questions asked. Full refund.
It was practically new, Dad never used it.

MarkTaylor

Pretty much the only thing they limit returns on is PC's due to the abuse people were making of the return option so they could upgrade.

Even there they let you return for up to 6 months.

stuart2

Costco's policy is just to give your money back. Of course you must have your Costco card with you. However they are a little more touchy about plasma or LCD screens with tv's or laptops. Even with them though they allow you 6 months to change something - and a lot more if there is a fault.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom