• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Cost of projector screen installation?

Doug Pyper

Editorial Contributor
I've just bought a used Euroscreen Linea and I'm debating whether or not I can muster the effort to install it myself.

Has anyone got any idea how much it would cost to get someone to install it on the ceiling? And would I need a professional AV installer to do it? All it would involve is finding the joists and building an MDF box or similar around the projector screen casing to hide it.

John7

Prominent Member
I didn't bother hiding mine.....all you're doing is installing a box to cover a box.... ;)

I just got a piece of 4x2 timber a bit longer than the screen box, routered the edges and painted to match the ceiling. Located the joists using a screwdriver to punch through the plasterboard and fixed the timber to the ceiling with some coach screws. It's then an easy job to fix the screen to the timber.

If you can get access above the ceiling, you only need to punch a couple of small holes either side of one joist to locate it from below. Then you can measure the distance between the centres of each joist to mark your subsequent fixing points.

Doug Pyper

Editorial Contributor
I didn't bother hiding mine.....all you're doing is installing a box to cover a box.... ;)

I just got a piece of 4x2 timber a bit longer than the screen box, routered the edges and painted to match the ceiling. Located the joists using a screwdriver to punch through the plasterboard and fixed the timber to the ceiling with some coach screws. It's then an easy job to fix the screen to the timber.

If you can get access above the ceiling, you only need to punch a couple of small holes either side of one joist to locate it from below. Then you can measure the distance between the centres of each joist to mark your subsequent fixing points.

That's really useful, cheers! Thats pretty much how I figured I'd do it, if I do it myself. I reckon I'll still get a couple of quotes anyway, just to get an idea of whether it's worth the effort of doing it myself.

The reason for putting a box around it is I bought the screen used, and the previous owner painted the casing black.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Hey mate, this is how my dad fitted his screen. Very stealth look.

48532F71-A2C8-4434-8AA8-48CC325A0388.jpeg

Doug Pyper

Editorial Contributor

Doug Pyper

Editorial Contributor
I decided to be lazy and get someone to fit the screen and mount the projector at the same time. I'll build a box around it myself after that.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom