Cost of Printer Inks

colinstone

I've managed to inherit a crop of ink jet printers over the last few years and I already have an HP Photosmart 309g, but in France. So far I have acquired an Epson Photosmart R200, Pixma MG2950 - unused and HP Envy 4527.
The Epson R200 replacement ink seems pretty good - 2 sets of cartridges for £8 or so. The HP 309g 364XLs 2 sets for £12 or so. The Pixma and Envy seem to be outrageous with their twin cartridge systems and even for refilled cartridges seem to be really expensive and well over £30 for 1 black and 1 colour. Epson is unfortunately non scanning. The replacement inks have worked well for me.
Seems that the individual tank cartridges are best value for money. The 2 cartridge systems seem to be a real rip off.
So looking at replacing the Epson, Pixma and Envy with a multi tank scanning printer. Duplex printing would be a bonus, but not essential. I could probably just about manage with the HP Instant Ink 15 pages/month at £0/month??
If anyone has been looking around at this, would welcome thoughts.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
IIRC HP have announced they're planning on discontinuing the 15 pages per month for free offer.

How much do you print? The higher volume printers tend to be the best value, but with inkjets you do risk the cartridges eventually drying out if they hold a lot more than you use.

bogart99

IIRC HP have announced they're planning on discontinuing the 15 pages per month for free offer.

How much do you print? The higher volume printers tend to be the best value, but with inkjets you do risk the cartridges eventually drying out if they hold a lot more than you use.
Yes agree with that they need used occasionally if it is just to stop the thing drying out.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom