Cost of new cables from dish to boxes

connorb77

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi does any one the rough cost of getting new cable form my dish to my HD boxes? I need a double cable to 2 HD boxes.

Connor

Is this a DIY job or are you getting an installer to do it?

If it's DIY compare cable prices here (examples at random)

Coaxial satellite digital cable Satellite extension leads - sky+ extension leads - Freeview extension leads

Satellite, Television, FM, DAB, Aerial, Coaxial Cable, Plugs, Sockets, Connectors & Leads

and many other places online

For an installer to do the work depends a great deal on the area you live in and, of course, the work involved.
Looking around various posts, maybe in the region of £60- £80-ish, but members in the trade will give a better idea.

Ill be getting an installer as my dish is very high on my house and I don't want to fall. If normal height I'd do myself.

Connor

If it's (what Sky call) 'special heights' then possibly expect to pay a premium on prices quoted earlier.
Ask around local installers and/or try here
Find a Member

To meet Health and Safety requirements, an installer should go part way up the wall and drill it to fit an eye bolt. Then he should extend the ladder and strap it to the eye bolt, followed by donning his hard-hat and safety harness and clipping it to the rope on his ladder. When he's finished he should remove the eye bolt and plug the hole with suitable filler. All of this takes time, which costs money.

Some installers are willing to risk their lives and may charge less because they can do it more quickly without using the correct procedure. My own window cleaner did this once too often and spent a week in hospital, following an operation on his foot, then 6 months in plaster.

I got a price of around £120 for installing two double cables for my two HD boxes.
I think this is a good price.

Connor

I have been quoted £100ish for installing on a chimney. I may do it myself I haven't decided yet.

Steve

I think due to the risk factor I'll leave it to the professionals.

Connor

I have been quoted £100ish for installing on a chimney. I may do it myself I haven't decided yet.

For anyone considering DIY, ask yourself whether you have the necessary equipment and training. If the answer is "no", ask yourself if anyone will miss you. (Does anyone miss Rod Hull and Emu?)
Rod Hull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom