Cost of CCTV install

dharms

Standard Member
Reaction score
I require the following installed:

2x Dome Cameras
1 DVR box.

The cameras are going to be fitted at the front of the house wires will be run straight into the top bedroom which is where the DVR will reside.

It seems like a very simple install, I reckon shouldnt take more then 2 hours.

What should I be looking to pay, and also can anyone recommend anyone in the East London area to do this for me. Thanks

Based on your requirements, you might find it easy enough to install it yourself - depending on the cameras/system that you buy of course.

Have you considered going down the wifi route? Or even perhaps IP cameras instead of conventional CCTV ones?

If you go for IP cams you'll be able to turn your current computer (or even an old one) into an NVR - saving you having to buy a hardware DVR and you'll also have the flexibility to record offsite via email, ftp and/or a cloud service.

Pete

Eyespy.. I've done a lot of wiring around my house, and Im pretty sure I can easily install it myself. I thought due to the simplicity of the install, I could pay someone £100 or so to fit it. They would do it in a few hours easy.

One guy came round to give me a quote, he emailed me back afterwards... he said £330 for the install, I replied back "Thats extortionate"

My uncles sending round someone tmrw who does that cabling for him, so hopefully he can give me a reasonable price and I'll get it done.

Thanks for your reply.

Eyespy.. I've done a lot of wiring around my house, and Im pretty sure I can easily install it myself. I thought due to the simplicity of the install, I could pay someone £100 or so to fit it. They would do it in a few hours easy.

One guy came round to give me a quote, he emailed me back afterwards... he said £330 for the install, I replied back "Thats extortionate"

My uncles sending round someone tmrw who does that cabling for him, so hopefully he can give me a reasonable price and I'll get it done.

Thanks for your reply.

No probs....and good luck with the install.

Pete

what camera's are you thinking about? as i am also thinking about cctv? though i could do wireless if its good enough for the dark?

what camera's are you thinking about? as i am also thinking about cctv? though i could do wireless if its good enough for the dark?

Are you thinking about conventional cameras or IP cameras?

If the latter, we have an award winning outdoor model with infrared night vision that works great in the dark, and a whole host of other features.

Have a look at the our website (see link below) for more details as well as independent reviews on it.

Pete

For a quality prosumer solution, budget about £150 per camera and £250 for DVR. You can get away with less, but this is about right for something solid and reliable. I can recommend Avermedia DVRs - compact, reliable, featured,

Do you still need an installer and where in east london are you?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom