Cosmetics of FMJ vs Diva lines

Bails

I own a DV79 dvd player and AVP700 processor. I'm now looking at a stand-alone cd player, either the CD36 or CD192. Obviously the sound is paramount but I would also like the player to match my other equipment. In black, would the FMJ player visually match the Diva components I already have? My local store only has them in silver and they actually looked quite different.

As I type this I realise how shallow it sounds! Thanks for your help.

Cocksure

Bails said:
I own a DV79 dvd player and AVP700 processor. I'm now looking at a stand-alone cd player, either the CD36 or CD192. Obviously the sound is paramount but I would also like the player to match my other equipment. In black, would the FMJ player visually match the Diva components I already have? My local store only has them in silver and they actually looked quite different.

As I type this I realise how shallow it sounds! Thanks for your help.

Not a NAD man then? :D

Have you done a search on somewhere like ebay for one? the odds are someone will be selling a black one and will have a pic that you could print of to compare next to the diva range you have.

Bails

Thanks for the replies. Crusty - from the pictures, it looks as if the FMJ and Diva units are actually a different shade of black. Is that the case?

And I will have a look on ebay for further pictures - good idea.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I have attached a close up image of my two black Arcam units for comparison. The main difference is the the FMJ product is a slightly more matt finish than the painted black of the DiVA product. The buttons on the FMJ product are gun metal grey as opposed to silver on the DiVA product.

Bails

Thanks Crusty - that's very useful. I suspect I'd end up kicking myself if I got the CD192 rather than the CD36 purely on the cosmetics, so I'm leaning towards the 36. I mean, if I really can't stand the difference I'll just have to upgrade the other components to FMJ!:D

I notice you've had your CD36 for a while now. How are you finding it? Dramatically better than the 192?

Any other comments are more than welcome.

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Bails said:
How are you finding it? Dramatically better than the 192?
Personally I reckon dramatically is the perfect word for the difference between these two!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom