Corsair Vengence 1500 7.1 headphones

Valen

Hi all

What PC games will provide me with lovely 5.1 sound using these lovely headphones I just bought?

It came bundled MW3 so I assume that has surround sound goodness!!

Thanks for looking

Val

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
All of them.

Very few 3d games are stereo-only, make sure to set windows and the game to 5.1 (or 7.1) though, not headphones.

Valen

Ok thanks Endless. One last question, how do I quickly swap between my Corsaie usb headphones and my Creative desktop speakers? (Besides unplugging the USB)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Ok thanks Endless. One last question, how do I quickly swap between my Corsaie usb headphones and my Creative desktop speakers? (Besides unplugging the USB)

Changing the default sound device will swap between them for newly opened programs.

Valen

Ok thanks Endless. Thought there might be a way to swap with a keyboard command or something.

one more question to the experts, do I set my windows to 5.1 in the sound menu? (And set headphones to 'bypass', not dolby)??

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
No keyboard shortcut by default. The current attitude for windows seems to be just to provide the sound devices and let specific programs choose which one(s) they want to use and provide the ability to switch between them. Unfortunately most programs don't yet. I'm aware of a couple of media players that let you choose the device, but using more than one output or having a hotkey to switch between them is very rare at the moment.

Windows should be 7.1 yes (or 5.1 if you don't have that option). I'm not familiar with the headphones so I don't know what they should be, I'd check the manual. Dolby could be anything, they're a company providing lots of different sound technologies going both ways (stereo to 7.1 and 7.1 to stereo).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom