Corsair Obsidian 650 owners

redboy1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My 650 fills with dust stupidly fast and it can only be entering the big gaping vent on the top. Ive got all stock fans on the case.

Does anyone know of any decent filters or filter material which i could make one? DEMCiflex do a kit but im not paying £45 for filters.

The vent on the top of the case is 180 x 300

Seen this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverstone...F8&qid=1411036021&sr=8-10&keywords=fan+filter which is fine for length but comes up short on the width.

Any suggestions?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Have you tried vacing your house...:laugh:

Add more intake fans (or a high r fan) for better positive pressure. As for the filter, why not just buy the one you need, instead of a kit? Before Demciflex had stockists for their custom filters I got the top filter direct from them for about £15 delivered iirc.

Tights

Add more intake fans (or a high r fan) for better positive pressure. As for the filter, why not just buy the one you need, instead of a kit? Before Demciflex had stockists for their custom filters I got the top filter direct from them for about £15 delivered iirc.

Oh right, I'll check them out. Only stockists I looked at was overclockers.
Did it help with the dust? Think I might turn the top fan around when I sort a filter so just the rear fan is exhaust. Pretty sure you wont get positive pressure on this case though as there are too many gaps unless you fill them.

My 750D case has a similar problem. It even came with a filter for the top, but it still lets lots of dust through, meaning my radiator at the top is slowly getting infilled with dust :(

Oh right, I'll check them out. Only stockists I looked at was overclockers.
Did it help with the dust? Think I might turn the top fan around when I sort a filter so just the rear fan is exhaust. Pretty sure you wont get positive pressure on this case though as there are too many gaps unless you fill them.

The demciflex is very good at trapping dust but it isn't a 100% dust free solution. I take out my case for a good dusting atleast 2 times a year with an air can but the filters need cleaning atleast every 2 weeks.

I just found my paypal receipt from 2 years ago:

-DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 324mmx228mm Corsair 650D top filter.
Subtotal$12.25
Postage and packaging$11.95
Total$24.20 USD
Payment$24.20 USD
From amount £15.38 GBP To amount $24.20 USD
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.57347 USD

I cant remember the last case I had that didn't have this problem :(

I basically have to clean my case and fans at least once a month... but I dont mind, its theraputic

The demciflex is very good at trapping dust but it isn't a 100% dust free solution. I take out my case for a good dusting atleast 2 times a year with an air can but the filters need cleaning atleast every 2 weeks.

I just found my paypal receipt from 2 years ago:

-DEMCiflex Filter Ferrous Black/black O/D 324mmx228mm Corsair 650D top filter.
Subtotal$12.25
Postage and packaging$11.95
Total$24.20 USD
Payment$24.20 USD
From amount £15.38 GBP To amount $24.20 USD
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.57347 USD

Thanks :smashin:. I know it won't stop dust completely but its got to be a lot better than it is now. Shame corsair don't do a filter like the one on the front.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom