Corrupt save data

O

OilSlickz

Is there anyway of retrieving my corrupt GT5 save data. It happened last night when my PS3 froze. Trophies are all intact but i have lost my licences and my level 8 rank.

Please dont tell me i have to satrt again?

Is there anyway of retrieving my corrupt GT5 save data. It happened last night when my PS3 froze. Trophies are all intact but i have lost my licences and my level 8 rank.

Please dont tell me i have to satrt again?

i think you're going to have to start again as i don't think you can retrieve corrupt save game files. always best to back them up on a regular basis onto a memory stick

yeah cheers Lee :rolleyes: Thought there might be some way of fixing it, i didn't hold out much hope though.

Funnily enough GT5P did this to me, on a differnt PS3 to.:(

The thought of doing the b licence again and the first 12 beginner races doesn't feel me with joy, oh and those god dam camper vans :thumbsdow

i think you're going to have to start again as i don't think you can retrieve corrupt save game files. always best to back them up on a regular basis onto a memory stick

saves are copy protected unfortunately...i hate that!

saves are copy protected unfortunately...i hate that!

So frustrating, I just tried to backup to USB stick but as you say PD have locked it for some strange reason :mad:

This is the sort of game that will have hours and hours put into it to build up everything so to loose everything would be horrible!! Really hope they change their minds and unlock it...

You cant keep the saved data there stopping it from what happend in GTP.

Don't copy protected saves sometimes have a "fan patch" to get around it? A game of this popularity must be getting worked on...

Thats crap. So us guys that have paid full price for the game cant back up our saves. Im sorry but thats not acceptable. If it happens again GT can forget me starting again and kiss goodbye to me buying DLC. if we cant back up then they had to make dam sure every thing was running like clock work and it clearly doesn't.

Well it seems to be related to the fact the online server capacity was wholly inadequate (they doubled it from 500k to 1mill for the time being) and the fact the game connects online even though you may only be in SP. This has resulted in menu slow-downs, DLC codes not working and now seemingly corrupting save data

All moot for me seeing as I do not get BT infinity until Dec 1st. Just as well...

There is a file recovery option in one of the option menu's as I remember, might that help?

I always go back to the main screen and manually save before exiting the game and have had no trouble at all. Might be worth a shot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom