1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Correct" way to Bi-Amp 2 P25's

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by nickd01, Jun 21, 2005.

1. nickd01

nickd01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

What is the "correct" way to Bi-Amp??

I have 2 P25's (1 2ch and 1 3ch) and in order to Bi-Amp my B&W CDM9NT's I've currently connected one amp to both low frequencies, and one to both high frequencies.

Or, should I use one Amp per speaker?

Or, should I use one Amp per low-frequency input and use my A25 (Which is currently solely used as a pre-amp) to drive both high frequencies? Would this mean the P25's are acting as a monobloc??

Is there a recomended way? Or, is there a way that might blow everything up?!

Thanks

Nick

2. OrangeHifi

OrangeHifi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bi-amping in the traditional way is that u use one amplifier to drive the high frequencies at both speakers and one amplifier for the low frequencies at both speakers. The way your configuration is now is the right way.

It's necessarily that the amplifiers are gained for this, but with two P25's this is no problem because since a couple of yrs all the Arcam amplifiers are gained for bi-amping.

When u drive one speaker with one amplifier and the other speaker also with one amplifier then this a monobloc configuration.