Correct Speaker Placement?

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

I need help guys.

I am about to PROPERLY get up my KEF KHT-2005.2 eggs speakers and need advive on correct placement. It will be a 6.1 set-up

The centre speaker should go under my LCD that's sorted.

The left and right speaker will be equally distanced apart from the screen and to the side os the screen.

Here's the bit i don't get My back left and right speakers should be either side of where i am sitting? Just and my ear level?

And the final speaker should go on the wall behind me and again a little higer than the back speakers? Is this right

Malky1903

I think it's down to personal preference rather than what's right and what's wrong. Some may say put them at ear level and others say to put them 3' or so above ear level. Personally, I prefer the latter. I've had rears at ear level before and found that it was too easy to locate where the sound was coming from.
My current rears are 7' from the floor due to my room layout and couldn't be helped but I find they give a larger dispersement (sp?) of sound up high and out of the way.
Horses for courses. Suck it and see what works best for you and not what anyone else may say. After all, it's your room and your ears ;)

D

Deleted member 92943

thanks for help mate.
I think i just need to spend a long time getting it to sound right for me and do each speaker one by one.

jessmith

Standard Member
Remember that your amp will probably have the ability to further tune the system by adjusting the relative outputs of the speakers.

I found that my Yamaha Ax 750 autotune did an excellent job

Knyght_byte

for 6.1 its usually best to have the rears at corner diagonal with the rear centre behind you, but if you have 7.1 then you move the rears to the sides and have the two rear centres a metre or two apart (depending on how big the room is)

but as was said, its personal preference, and also what your room allows you to do...lol

as for height, again its what sounds best to you, altho different speakers will probably yield better results in different placements......i know my dipolar SFX's that i use for side speakers sound best when about a metre above my ear level........but when they were just rear speakers in a 5.1 they sounded better at ear level......weird....heh..

personally if your room is big enough i would say get another egg for 7.1 (if your amp supports 7 speakers that is, if not ignore me...lol).

D

Deleted member 92943

i was thinking about getting another egg but i do have a really small room

Knyght_byte

i wouldnt worry then, in a small room it will start to sound obvious where the sounds are coming from which is what you want to avoid for the most part in a film......only some sounds are supposed to be obviously directional and they are recorded to make sure even on dipolars they are easy to tell.....but more ambient sounds need to be diffuse and less localised...

Knyght_byte

ya welcome

Trending threads

Top Bottom