Correct sharpness setting for Panasonic oleds ?

Noble372

Standard Member
Hello I own a gz2000 and had it fully calibrated, I watchd a HD tv test video the other day and he said for Panasonic oleds sharpness should be set to 0, but my calibrator left the sharpness on 30 and all other reviews of my tv left it on 30 after calibration, even the m comments say to leave it on 30, but Vincent says it should be on 0 so I am a bit confused,

The video in question

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Display a native sharpess test page, or display internet browser from computer native resolution, adjust sharpness so it's not blurring text nor is it introducing ringing

Make sure you have no overscan also.

Hamad138

It's 0 but u should keep it at 30 , hell I would even advise u to set Resolution Remaster to mid or high

What Vincent doesn't understand is that Films are mastered by 30 Inch monitors, so u actually lose sharpness if u go a higher screen Size. That's why Edge Enhancement are activated by default

HeadBanger

I think Vincent understands exactly what sharpness / edge enhancement is and how films are mastered. He goes to some length explaining it in the video and demonstrating the artefacts that turning it on introduces.

At the end of the day it’s your TV so if it looks better with sharpness on to you then leave it on. :thumbsup:

HB

Droste

I have a 55 inch gz 2000 and have sharpness 0
Looks better image cleaner.
I have a HZ 2000 65 inch and i give the same answer. But you have to maken up your own mind. what Look the best for you.

thx75

Hello I own a gz2000 and had it fully calibrated, I watchd a HD tv test video the other day and he said for Panasonic oleds sharpness should be set to 0, but my calibrator left the sharpness on 30 and all other reviews of my tv left it on 30 after calibration, even the m comments say to leave it on 30, but Vincent says it should be on 0 so I am a bit confused,

The video in question

Zero is the correct and untouched setting if you don't want any picture enhancement.

thx75

It's 0 but u should keep it at 30 , hell I would even advise u to set Resolution Remaster to mid or high

What Vincent doesn't understand is that Films are mastered by 30 Inch monitors, so u actually lose sharpness if u go a higher screen Size. That's why Edge Enhancement are activated by default

This is the worst advise (first statement) and the worst explanation (second statement) I have ever read on a A/V forum. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom