Coronavirus self isolation discussion.

Feel tired, pain in left lung, slight cough and no fever.
Girlfriend has made a water and peppermint steam bowl to clear me out.
Tbh it worked wonders. No more gasping.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, just got this from head office, having asked for clarification

genuinely is ill and is not just self-isolating because of mild symptoms, they are entitled to 12 days full pay and then Statutory pay after that.

Even when they sent out a guidance stating

'you will still be entitled to your normal pay for the 14 days duration of self - quarantine'

And

“Stay home if you feel unwell, even with mild cold/flu symptoms."

Interesting to see how the people around me are treating lockdown.

Last edited:
Just spoken to work and I can finally go back to work tomorrow.
Before anyone questions it - I work in an essential service and am needed.

Great news and all the best to you all left in self isolation.

Top Tip: Do not watch the bbc, it will do you more harm than the virus ;)

Top Tip: Do not watch the bbc, it will do you more harm than the virus ;)
I am beginning to agree with you as they have just showed a little graphic about spread and social distancing which included not going to your local shop.
Erm how will I get essentials, go to the supermarket perhaps oh wait there are far more people there whereas it is likely to be just me and the owner in my local shop?

The idea is that you don't pop into your local shop every day for a chat, just go if you need food. Which hopefully won't be every day.

We've been going after the crowds have finished, which is normally just after 6am :laugh:

The idea is that you don't pop into your local shop every day for a chat, just go if you need food. Which hopefully won't be every day.

Exactly. My parents up until a few days ago were social distancing and self isolating.. but doing a once every 2 days shop to M&S.

Had to tell them off for it. After Boris's address, they clearly got the message as he did address it too.

Did they fill you in on what it means & whats happening,still :confused: here :)
Nothing in detail yet apart from just staying in at home and not going anywhere but hopefully I'll get the letter soon.

All my hospital appointments have been cancelled though and my prescription will be delivered.

Nothing in detail yet apart from just staying in at home and not going anywhere but hopefully I'll get the letter soon.

All my hospital appointments have been cancelled though and my prescription will be delivered.

That's great,my doctor been trying to get through to me today,but the line keeps getting cut of,i will have nip out quickly for the bits,local shop,i have told them i have nobody who can do it for at the moment :(

That's great,my doctor been trying to get through to me today,but the line keeps getting cut of,i will have nip out quickly for the bits,local shop,i have told them i have nobody who can do it for at the moment :(
Are you in Yorkshire somewhere?

My mental health worker sent me this link just now as there are no delivery slots available for tesco or sainsburys!

Are you in Yorkshire somewhere?

My mental health worker sent me this link just now as there are no delivery slots available for tesco or sainsburys!

No bit to far for me :(,but thanks anyway :smashin:

Who's still in work? Mine is still open and people expected to go

Me also.
Boss would rather us die on the spot than to lose any profit.
Very disappointed in the government letting boss's force workers into work, and the ability to officially discipline them if they refuse to come in.
Seems you are only protected legally when you are classed as a member of the public.
The rest of the time your health/life? is under the control of your boss.
They should lock it down for everyone apart from those directly needed for the current crisis we're leading up to.

Who's still in work? Mine is still open and people expected to go

Office staff all working from home now throughout the company.

Quarry workers obviously have to continue going in but strict social distancing.

I’m only two days in and first time ever working from home. Trying to stick to the same routine get up at the normal time, get dressed start work at the normal time. Stay away from the wife in there spare room while I’m working. Already losing track of what day it is though, it’s like when you’re off for a long period at Christmas and all the days blur into one:laugh:

Don't have the luxury of working at home at the moment unfortunately. I'm not particularly worried, although some are.

What irks me is that the government are saying that I have to avoid contact with friends and family, but I have no choice but to spend 8 hours a day with people not of my choosing.

This along with people spending all day telling to people to "just stay indoors, do as you're told blah blah blah" chance would be a fine thing

I wonder how long you can play the 'I've been on close contact with a corona person' card ;)

Find out you have, phone in work, get 14 days off. and thankfully you never got it.
Then a week later, you are near someone else, phone in again and another 14 days off.

they may suss out something seems fishy after the 3rd or 4th time ;)

Just had a phone call of Doctors,got to go into 12 weeks Isolation,high risk group,now hopefully the plans will appear about how people are going to get their meds & food.
Everywhere seem so overrun :(

Just got my official letter from the NHS,through the post,yep 12 week lockdown

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom