Coronavirus - do you trust the UK Government to make the right decisions ?

Coronavirus - do you trust the UK government to make the right decisions?

• Yes

Votes: 130 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 414 76.1%

• Total voters
That is often used as an excuse by those looking to diminish the issue.
I'm sure you know I wasn't, as I said as much. I was alluding to the fact that fortunately, it didn't matter.

Yes it just makes them look even more incompetent :laugh:

Good to know that no-one in the entirety of government had the nous to think, "I haven't received an e-mail, that's odd. Perhaps I'd better chase that up and check what's happened."

Basic levels of initiative one learns at an early age.

Let's not forget the U-turn made by Sir Simon McDonald stating that not participating in the EU PPE scheme was a 'political' decision made by ministers. However, five hours later he said he'd been wrong. The smell of bullshit still wafts....

Sir Simon McDonald - who is permanent secretary at the Foreign Office - told the Foreign Affairs Committee that it was a deliberate move by ministers.

"We left the European Union on 31 January," he said.

Pushed further, he added: "All I can say is that it is a matter of fact that we have not taken part. It was a political decision... and the decision is no."

But five hours later, he released a letter to the chair of the committee, Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat, saying he had been wrong in what he said.

"Due to a misunderstanding, I inadvertently and wrongly told the committee that ministers were briefed on the joint EU procurement scheme and took a political decision not to take part in it," he wrote.

I'm sure you know I wasn't, as I said as much. I was alluding to the fact that fortunately, it didn't matter.

I realise that, no probs. Was just highlighting the excuse has been used before, but it doesn't hold any water as it was still a free shot at a time when we were in dire straits.

Let's not forget the U-turn made by Sir Simon McDonald stating that not participating in the EU PPE scheme was a 'political' decision made by ministers. However, five hours later he said he'd been wrong. The smell of bullsh*t still wafts....

Sir Simon McDonald - who is permanent secretary at the Foreign Office - told the Foreign Affairs Committee that it was a deliberate move by ministers.

"We left the European Union on 31 January," he said.

Pushed further, he added: "All I can say is that it is a matter of fact that we have not taken part. It was a political decision... and the decision is no."

But five hours later, he released a letter to the chair of the committee, Conservative MP Tom Tugendhat, saying he had been wrong in what he said.

"Due to a misunderstanding, I inadvertently and wrongly told the committee that ministers were briefed on the joint EU procurement scheme and took a political decision not to take part in it," he wrote.

Don't worry Sammy, I think anyone with even a modicum of intelligence knows that wrong e-mail addresses, defunct e-mail addresses, full inboxes etc etc are scraping the barrel of bullshit. Even for this government.

As well as actually insulting the intelligence of the public as well.

Don't worry Sammy, I think anyone with even a modicum of intelligence knows that wrong e-mail addresses, defunct e-mail addresses, full inboxes etc etc are scraping the barrel of bullsh*t. Even for this government.

As well as actually insulting the intelligence of the public as well.
I agree however, there are still some that choose to believe the bullshit. I'm sure there will more of the same to come yet (ie. trying to re-write history)

I agree however, there are still some that choose to believe the bullsh*t. I'm sure there will more of the same to come yet (ie. trying to re-write history)

Well let's hope they don't try and write it on e-mail.

(Or perhaps that's exactly where we should want them to ;) )

Meanwhile, the government incompetence goes on. The not so ‘world beating system’...!

‘NHS Test And Trace System Still Failing To Reach A Quarter Of People With Covid-19’

‘Tracing system seen as crucial for UK route out of lockdown’

‘A quarter of people who test positive for coronavirus are still not by reached by the NHS Test and Trace system, new statistics showed on Thursday’

‘The NHS Test and Trace programme, launched in late May, has been hailed by Boris Johnson as a “world-beating” system to contain the spread of coronavirus as lockdown restrictions are eased’

NHS Test and Trace Still Failing To Reach 25% Of People With Covid — HuffPost UK

I know we don't do grammar police in here but just hearing a Huffington post journalist pose a question with the phrase "Black And Minority Ethnic" in it made me cringe.

The local bus company has just decided to scrap the school bus service to our local secondary school that had been negotiated with the Council. I guess that's one way to ensure different year groups don't mix on the school bus :facepalm: Perhaps the Education Secretary could roll that one out over the whole country.

Boris " if I can massage a figure to within an inch of it's life I will" Johnson

Someone should collate all these statements

Lets start with that "shortly after" means 3 weeks.

Boris " if I can massage a figure to within an inch of it's life I will" Johnson

Let’s face it, Boris has default position to lie at every opportunity. Perhaps we shouldn’t be too hard on the ‘puppet’ but look at the puppet master?
4162CD28-D4AD-40DA-AC02-7573EC973BD9.jpeg

Peter Oborne did this for a while (and he's decidedly right wing and Johnson's former colleague). Oborne gave up after the 2019 general election. Perhaps he felt overwhelmed.

The lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations of Boris Johnson and his government.

I fear Johnson's lie count grew exponentially once Covid-19 hit. I don't understand why the public appears unconcerned that our prime minister is a pathological liar.

There was a (very) short lived thread yesterday evening titled 'Getting out of hand', from someone who actively proposed such, to the extent it would see the death of all old and infirm in our society.
That was from a serial re-register with mental health issues. When his posts were removed he responded to me with " You nasty ****, you evil F U CKING little man. " He then threatened to kill his parents, and then went on to abuse other members who had responded to his thread.

You lot are a breeze to mod in comparison. 😍

I don't understand why the public appears unconcerned that our prime minister is a pathological liar.

Denial, desensitised.

Perhaps the reality for some is too much to take. Or they're just okay with it. Which would be quite disturbing to be honest.

Or maybe people are just so worn down from the last few years - they don't like it, but they are too tired to express opposition.

But that's the kind of psychology for another thread!

Something doesn’t add up here, I suspect more details will come out. How a company with no PPE experience was awarded a multi million pound government contract against huge competition and 3 days before the tender process end date?

‘However, documents showed that the £108m purchase order issued by the government was made on 10 April — three days before the tender process for the contract was supposed to conclude on 13 April’

Denial, desensitised.

Perhaps the reality for some is too much to take. Or they're just okay with it. Which would be quite disturbing to be honest.

Or maybe people are just so worn down from the last few years - they don't like it, but they are too tired to express opposition.

But that's the kind of psychology for another thread!

I fear it's predominantly the highlighted option, and yes, that's a disturbing observation on the state of the United Kingdom.

That was from a serial re-register with mental health issues. When his posts were removed he responded to me with " You nasty ****, you evil F U CKING little man. " He then threatened to kill his parents, and then went on to abuse other members who had responded to his thread.

And I thought I had issues! o_O

Did he have a job or a girlfriend?

;)

Probably wasn't him. He's a whackjob but not that much.

I realise that, no probs. Was just highlighting the excuse has been used before, but it doesn't hold any water as it was still a free shot at a time when we were in dire straits.
Unless someone in the know actually saw this coming and simply didn’t waste time and money on it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom