Quantcast

Coronavirus - do you trust the UK Government to make the right decisions ?

Coronavirus - do you trust the UK government to make the right decisions?

• Yes

Votes: 98 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 182 65.0%

• Total voters

GarryF

Random comments from DM

I saw him in Carlisle flying a kite
I saw him too: in Blackpool. Was buying candy floss on the prom.

Things have got so bad under Tory austerity some people are now having to travel over 260 miles to get childcare....

what if cummings is playing 5d chess and this is one of his master plans

I'll chuck one in for good measure
Boris Johnson last night mounted a determined defence of his controversial aide Dominic Cummings, telling allies: 'It's not like he was visiting a lover' - Well Boris would know all about visiting lovers...

fat jez

The Observer and the Sunday Mirror said witnesses reported seeing Mr Cummings in Barnard Castle, more than 25 miles from Durham, on 12 April.
Apparently that's his wife's birthday.

prezzy

Consistency in response to those in authority ignoring the rules put in place for everyone would be a start.

Seeing people like Hancock clutching his pearls over Ferguson, then climbing over himself to defend Cummings is beyond ridiculous.
Not sure I have seen Hancock 'climbing over himself to defend Cummings' but ok

Not seen him clutching any pearls either :rotfl:

Sammyez

Consistency in response to those in authority ignoring the rules put in place for everyone would be a start.

Seeing people like Hancock clutching his pearls over Ferguson, then climbing over himself to defend Cummings is beyond ridiculous.
Indeed. Clearly, for some the hypocrisy doesn’t matter nor does the fact Cummings has endangered people by his reckless attitude. Furthermore, he has the audacity to say he’s done nothing wrong?
I don’t know what’s worse his contempt or the people that still think he’s done nothing wrong?

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Not sure I have seen Hancock 'climbing over himself to defend Cummings' but ok

Not seen him clutching any pearls either :rotfl:
Hancock, on the news that Neil Ferguson ignored the lockdown he was partially responsible for (after had tested positive, and recovered, so I’d assume had developed antibodies) and allowed someone to visit him in his own home;

The Health Secretary said the "extraordinary" actions of Professor Neil Ferguson, who The Telegraph revealed allowed his married lover to visit him at home, had left him "speechless".

Speechless:rotfl: (hence my “clutching pearls” term, he didn’t literally grab his necklace)

Hancock, on Cummings’ driving to his elderly parents’ home, 260 miles away, because he thought he ‘may’ get the virus and also have to look after his own child;

D404E52C-47A0-4B01-81E5-74A860B9C504.jpeg

The Health Secretary, chooses to publicly support someone for breaking the lockdown, and rule number one to stay at home if you’re ill. (Hence my “climbing over himself to defend Cummings” comment).

He didn’t have to publicly defend him, he could have considered the 66 million other people he’s supposed to serve and just not say anything. Instead, he acted like a good little patsy and stepped up.

prezzy

Hancock, on the news that Neil Ferguson ignored the lockdown he was partially responsible for (after had tested positive, and recovered, so I’d assume had developed antibodies) and allowed someone to visit him in his own home;

The Health Secretary said the "extraordinary" actions of Professor Neil Ferguson, who The Telegraph revealed allowed his married lover to visit him at home, had left him "speechless".

Speechless:rotfl: (hence my “clutching pearls” term, he didn’t literally grab his necklace)

Hancock, on Cummings’ driving to his elderly parents’ home, 260 miles away, because he thought he ‘may’ get the virus and also have to look after his own child;

View attachment 1304977
The Health Secretary, chooses to publicly support someone for breaking the lockdown, and rule number one to stay at home if you’re ill. (Hence my “climbing over himself to defend Cummings” comment).

He didn’t have to publicly defend him, he could have considered the 66 million other people he’s supposed to serve and just not say anything. Instead, he acted like a good little patsy and stepped up.
As I said above if my wife had it and I was likely to get it, would I stay in London or make a small trip to my family up north to look after us? Yes of course I would make the journey

Rules have always allowed for safeguarding - what would you do if you had a child at home and you and your wife both had covid and were stuck in bed for a week not able to look after them?

I don't like boris or dominic at all and would never vote for either of them but this has all become totally ridiculous and extremely tiresome.

You are all so quick to say how things are wrong but you don't appear to have any solutions just moan about the same things over and over again.

I am out.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
As I said above if my wife had it and I was likely to get it, would I stay in London or make a small trip to my family up north to look after us? Yes of courser I would make the journey

Rules have always allowed for safeguarding - what would you do if you had a child at home and you and your wife both had covid and were stuck in bed for a week not able to look after them?

I don't like boris or dominic at all and would never vote for either of them but this has all become totally ridiculous and extremely tiresome - I am out.
According to the article written by his wife, she was looking after their child, while Dom was in bed. They’re both adults, and should be able to order in food/supplies.

Being ill, but not so ill that you’re in hospital, isn’t a safeguarding issue. Putting your child in a car, along with one parent apparently Covid-positive and the other who thinks they may be, isn’t safeguarding either, it’s a useful excuse.

I’ve just seen your edit about nobody offering solutions. I’m not sure what that’s got to do with this specific situation with Cummings? Feels more like the ‘safeguarding’ excuse than a relevant point.

Last edited:

richp007

Distinguished Member
I think this all today has transcended politics and become something much worse to be honest.

Regardless of where you sit, the incident - or incident's' - were bad enough, but it's been the attitude that I think has really scraped the barrel. That's bothering me more right now.

The contempt and disrespect that has been on display is astounding. And that's toward all of us. It's a real "fudge you lot" attitude, for daring to question someone in government. And the man's not even an elected official.

It has been a long time since I've seen so many united by rage. If all the reports are true then there's a fair number of Tory MP's who are livid as well. Regardless of how the front bench have all fallen in line.

Dismal stuff in my opinion. Especially when a great many people have suffered a lot of heartache to abide by the rules.

Sloppy Bob

To those who voted for the Conservative Party at the last GE, hope you're proud of yourselves.
Utterly pathetic, useless, unhelpful, trolling comment.

Are you proud of everything your selected party of choice has done?
They all have scandals, make poor choices, have MP's troughing, and take us in poor directions.

Last edited:
Utterly pathetic, useless, unhelpful, trolling comment.

Are you proud of everything your selected party of choice has done?
They all have scandals, make poor choices, have MP's troughing, and take us in poor directions.

First and foremost:

Why would I want to vote when I know that nothing will be done to sort out this nation?

Second:

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Example:

If Tony Blair was to announce that he would return to politics, all of you would give him your support, just like in 1997, 2001 and 2005.

simonblue

Distinguished Member
As I said above if my wife had it and I was likely to get it, would I stay in London or make a small trip to my family up north to look after us? Yes of course I would make the journey

I don't like boris or dominic at all and would never vote for either of them but this has all become totally ridiculous and extremely tiresome.

You are all so quick to say how things are wrong but you don't appear to have any solutions just moan about the same things over and over again.

I am out.

:thumbsup:
Solution,sack him :)

ufo550

As I said, he should of contacted 111 and sort advice. If they said go north, he would now have a get out of jail card.

Regardless of whether these reports and second and third trips are true, what about the trip he made back to London after he successfully self isolated? Was this journey essential? Could he have not worked from his (new) home?

Typical Hubris behaviour. Perhaps he thinks he's very important.

Hubris is the characteristic of excessive confidence or arrogance, which leads a person to believe that he or she may do no wrong. The overwhelming pride caused by hubris is often considered a flaw in character. Hubris can cause short-sighted, irrational, or harmful behavior since the person does not stop to examine their behavior or consider the opinions of or effects on others when behaving. Hubris often causes humiliation to whom it is directed. (Investopedia)

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
Johnson on Cummings: 'It's not like he was visiting a lover.' referring to Ferguson.
Boris: It's not like Cummings was visiting a lover'
Except Ferguson didn't visit a lover, the lover visited him.
The government can't even get the facts right on that....

Professor Neil Ferguson allowed the woman to visit him at home during the lockdown while lecturing the public on the need for strict social distancing in order to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Exclusive: Government scientist Neil Ferguson resigns after breaking lockdown rules to meet his married lover

Fairly obvious it was this way round, she was a married woman living with her husband. Boris, who knows about this sort of thing, should have remembered the basics of how it's done. Most cockolded husbands don't take that kindly to their wife's lover coming round for a bit of rumpty tumpty when they are in the house with the children...

But signs the party may have split opinions on the support Cummings is getting from ministers
Mr Baker, the High Wycombe MP, accused the senior aide of 'suiting himself with a long drive, presumably with stops, to get help during his illness', while other mums and dads were 'going without the childcare provided by their parents'.

He added: 'Dominic Cummings must go before he does any more harm to the UK, the Government, the Prime Minister, our institutions or the Conservative Party.

source daily mail link above

Steve Baker has told BBC Breakfast that Boris Johnson “has what it takes” to sack Cumnmings, and he will have to accept “quite a large number of resignations” if he sacks him, but that he will have to deal with that. Cummings should go today, he says.
UK coronavirus live: Tory MP Steve Baker calls for Dominic Cummings to go

Last edited:

Sammyez

Johnson on Cummings: 'It's not like he was visiting a lover.' referring to Ferguson.
Boris: It's not like Cummings was visiting a lover'
Except Ferguson didn't visit a lover, the lover visited him.
The government can't even get the facts right on that....

Professor Neil Ferguson allowed the woman to visit him at home during the lockdown while lecturing the public on the need for strict social distancing in order to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Exclusive: Government scientist Neil Ferguson resigns after breaking lockdown rules to meet his married lover

Fairly obvious it was this way round, she was a married woman living with her husband. Boris, who knows about this sort of thing, should have remembered the basics of how it's done. Most cockolded husbands don't take that kindly to their wife's lover coming round for a bit of rumpty tumpty when they are in the house with the children...

But signs the party may have split opinions on the support Cummings is getting from ministers
Mr Baker, the High Wycombe MP, accused the senior aide of 'suiting himself with a long drive, presumably with stops, to get help during his illness', while other mums and dads were 'going without the childcare provided by their parents'.

He added: 'Dominic Cummings must go before he does any more harm to the UK, the Government, the Prime Minister, our institutions or the Conservative Party.

source daily mail link above

Steve Baker has told BBC Breakfast that Boris Johnson “has what it takes” to sack Cumnmings, and he will have to accept “quite a large number of resignations” if he sacks him, but that he will have to deal with that. Cummings should go today, he says.
UK coronavirus live: Tory MP Steve Baker calls for Dominic Cummings to go
A pathetic response from Johnson. It just goes to show the power Cummings has over this PM and No10. This is a matter of principle. It’s good to see Steve Baker has got a backbone to speak out.
I didn’t realise when they said ‘taking back control’ it meant ‘in the hands of the selected ones’?

Latest News

Tidal brings Dolby Atmos Music to home cinema setups
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Technics announces SL-1210GAE limited edition turntable
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen 88-inch Beovision Harmony 8K OLED TV launched
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Monitor Audio launches IMS-4 music streamer
  • By Andy Bassett