Cornwall ideas.

$lim$hady

Prominent Member
Reaction score
going to Cornwall tomorrow and need idea's on "must see" and "must Do",
If the weather continues than i just want to lounge on the best beach and lovely walks.

Anyone recommend places to stay, do and see.

I went a couple of weeks ago its like home from home for me.
Eden project is not worth £15 a person.
Tintagel is a nice place to spend half a day.
St Ives is about my favourite place in the world to be right now!

We found some nice secluded beaches by putting the sat nav away and getting th emap out.

When I was younger used to surf all over the north coast and there are some fantastic beaches o be found.

Went to Port Issac as thats where they film Doc Martin not much there other than some nice walks.

Padstow seems to have lost its charm a bit and Newquay well that used to be my favourite place on earth now half the hotels are boarded up and in high season it gets overrun with Chavs.
Having said that the mexican cantina restaurant in Newquay is the best Mexican I have ever had.

You certainly picked the right Weather for it hope you have a really good time.

Porthcothan is a beautiful beach on the north coast between Newquay and Padstow.

Crantock - beautiful beech and sand dunes and village. Just west of Newquay.

I am a kid at heart and still ove Flambards in Helston. Fantastic war\flight museum and some good rides.

I miss Cornwall soooo much :(

Polperro and Watergate Bay

I went a few years ago with my GF and we both loved Newquay Zoo, its quite small but fantastic.

Eden project is good. Last year our tickets allowed is in every day of the week.

Lost Gardens of Heligan is also good. Tintagel is very good too.

If you like golf...

try Holywell Bay golf course.

They have 2 courses, one is a pitch and putt and the other is a 18 hole par 3 course.

Lovely views and great golf

:smashin: Land's End is a must for Dr Who fans as the museum there has a lot to see.

:smashin: Also we enjoyed our stay last year in Silver City, The 'Cowboy' American Theme Park. A great fun day in an old wild west town that has it's own daily high noon gunfight and trial. The boys and I got dressed up as desperados' and got an old sepia photo to prove it. The missus got to ride a horse. And we all went home with sheriff deputy badges.

:smashin: I have to agree with Fortean, Eden project is a great family day out and if you tick the right box on entry you can come back as much as you like in 12 months for free (we went twice last year, and just returned again this year before it ran out. :D). If you pick the right day with nice warm weather and go early there's lots to do and see. Check on their website before planning your week to see if there's any special events on certain days.

:smashin: For any techy fans, Goonhilly Earthstation is worth a visit and has just had a major makeover this year with plenty for the family to see and do. And is a great alternative venue to consider if the weather is bad. This year you can even have a go on a Segway.

:thumbsup: Also for anyone driving it's worth getting off the A30 on the way in Devon and taking a detour through Dartmoor National Park as the scenery is quite breathtaking.

Well guys, thanks for all your ideas!

Cornwall was AMAZING!, went to St Ives, Zennor, St Just, Lands End, Penzance, Falmouth, Newquay and Tintagal and drove back to London via Dartmoor National Park.

800 miles:eek: round trip, highlights were Lands End and St Ives. You would never guess the UK has golden sand and crystal blue sea but Barbados... Watch out!

The only thing i was surprised about is petrol prices... i saw one garage selling unleaded for 1.17:eek:.

Just got back from devon, had a great time!

Saw the dearest petrol I have ever seen 122.9 Bracknell!!

jeez......

Off to Cornwall and possibly Dorset in a couple of weeks. Will be camping for over a week.
So if anyone has any recomendation for areas to go or even particular campsites, please let me know!

We maybe don't want to be in the busy of it. I've heard the south coast is quieter and have been thinking about the Lizard Peninsula. I like rural, quiet, excellent walking, walking distance from nice beaches. Oh and somewhere where the sun shines everyday is essentail!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Saw the dearest petrol I have ever seen 122.9 Bracknell!!

jeez......

Thats pretty cheap compared to todays prices.

apul - If you like walking and you're in Dorset you have to go to the Purbecks - some of the best walks around. - Lulworth cove is really pretty and you can take the cliff walk from there to Durdle Door and beyond - amazing! Can't guarantee the weather though I'm afraid - its beautiful at the moment but who knows how long that will last! Blooming English Summers hey? :rolleyes:

If you've got kids or your a big kid yourself (like me!) go to Monkey World - totally brilliant! And thats also close to the Bovington Tank Museam if that floats your boat - not been myself but I hear its good if you like tanks! :D

Ooops! I went to Dorset last year. Went to MonkeyWorld. Was wasn't expecting much, so it turned out to be a nice supprise! Also did a bit of that walk as well.
I meant to say its Devon and Cornwall we are going!

Thanks!

Anyone have any campsite recomedations? We don't have children and would like to try and avoid holiday park type ones.

Cant help you with names but when we were at St Ives driving around we saw 3 or 4 camper sites cant say if there were the cheesy holiday types but anywhere in Cornwall, I don’t think you can go wrong...

I think my next trip to Cornwall will be at Campers site, so let us know how you got on.

Will do! Got to find a new tent now!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom